interaction between laptop and LCD projector

Reaction score
Hi, all! I have a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 9400, Intel graphics media accelerator driver for mobile graphics card with display settings: 32 bit, 1440x 900, 60 Hz refresh rate. Under “display expansion”, the option “maintain aspect ratio” is checked.). I recently used my new laptop to create a powerpoint presentation. When I hooked the laptop to an LCD projector, the powerpoint slides began to flicker and roll both on my screen and on the projected image, although everything else on the screen and projected image looked just fine. We adjusted the screen resolution from the original 1440 x 900 to 1024 x 768, rebooted, rehooked and tried again. The slides continued to roll and flicker. We then transferred the presentation to an older laptop model and the presentation functioned just fine. This suggests that there is something about my laptop that interferes with the interaction between the laptop and projector. Does anyone have any insight into this problem? Thanks for your help!

Ask a Question