Computer Freezing

Reaction score
Hi I am looking for some help with a problem I have with my computer which keeps freezing.

Initially the problem only occured when I have been playing games after a while the game will start to stick and then freeze up all together the only way to reboot would be to switch the whole thing off.

Gradually the problem has got worse and is happening when I am on the internet or using office products. The screen starts to shimmer and eventually becomes distorted and stops responding.

Having checked through the previous threads and improved my minimal knowledge many times over I thought this may be a temperature problem and I have cleaned out my PC of dust and have left the side of the case off. This has improved the general performance but as soon as I try to play a game the whole thing freezes again.

I have tried reinstalling my graphics card and cleaned out old files etc, updated the latest drivers but with no success. Any suggestions as to what to do next would be appreciated.

I have a Pentium III 750MHZ processor, NVidia GEForce 2 MX Graphics Card, 256Mb RAM, 2*20GB HDD and a brand new monitor. OS is Windows 2000

Ask a Question