Coming Soon : Internet Explorer 7

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It appears that the up and coming release of Internet Explorer 7 is going to help combat the rise of spyware. Normal user accounts will not be able to install many applications from within IE that normally spread spyware. This will be left up to the administrator account from within Windows.

Tabbed Browsing (al la FireFox) is also going to make a debut, which will be warmly welcomed by IE users.

Other Sources:
  • The IEBlog at MSDN has lots of interesting technical bits of information.
  • News.com on the other hand have some more information on the spyware prevention capabilities.

Attachments

• ie7.gif
    ie7.gif
    5.4 KB · Views: 371
Reaction score
Ahhh, guess it couldn't hurt to make a restore point and try out the 'new' IE. But its not neccesarily even IE that is the problem. Its the guys out thier who absolutley Hate microsoft and will do anything, create anything to bring them down. But like I said, I'll make a restore point try it out for a few weeks and decide,

thanks for the heads up Ian.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm quite looking forward to giving it a go, I think it will be another few weeks at least yet though :(

Reaction score
So, Microsoft have seen the best browser (firefox) and are now making their version?

FireFox will still be the best! but i may give it a go

Reaction score
Im pretty much loyal to IE - never fails me... and you dont get every other browser asking to be the default one!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Whenever Microsoft comes up with a major release there are bound to be bugs that need to be ironed out, Sure enough it applies to most every software. Firefox has had its own share of problems when it came out and many updates were released to help users cope with the problems.

Anyone who has spare computer has no problem in testing it out the moment it comes out but those who rely on just one computer should take necessary precautions before using it. Raje has one good suggestion that you create a restore point before you begin the installation, however, that is something which I am sure is done automatically by the installation softwre package. Another thing to take care of is the data backup which will help in avoiding the loss of important docuements and files.

Anyway, I will surely be checking it out when it is released and of course take necessary precautions as well.

Ask a Question