internet explorer problem

Reaction score
hi forum this is my first post. I have a pc with xp + sp3 and windows firewall. Got a problem with the windows explorer, something is blocking it from going online. When I go to TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS, the homepage setting is showing ISAPI/REDIR.DLL?PRD=IE&PVER6&AR=MSNHOME

Is this some kind of virus or spyware? I ran some spyware checker programs and SPYWARE BEGONE was the only one to show a spyware file on the pc. Now I don't use windows explorer I use firefox always but I am concerned that windows explorer might have spyware.

Really would appreciate some advice on on how to fix windows explorer

Reaction score
Hi Ron, am new here myself but welcome:wave:

Fairly certain you don't have spyware to worry about, the address you gave (once you're online google it, it just links to msn homepage) looks like the default that remains once ie7 has done its first run and you set your preferences. If any of your av/spyware software has a home page monitor, it will notify you if spyware is trying to hijack your homepage. You can always change it to whatever you want.

As for not being able to view web, first places to look are connections - is ie configured to use your lan/modem, and once i was, for some reason working offline.

apologies if you've checked these. post back if you're still geting nowhere with some more info about what exactly is going on

Regards
WB :)

Reaction score
Reset IE and delete "ISAPI/REDIR.DLL?PRD=IE&PVER6&AR=MSNHOME
" and add whatever your homepage may be

Ask a Question