Comet - unsatisfied customer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
im writing because im un happy with the service that comet have provided me with.
i had an acer laptop for christmas and put new softwere on there and the disk drive keeps on curruptin all the time... any one know why?
i taken it back to currys 5 times naw not happy
icon8.gif

they done the master reset 5 times and blamed it on numariouse things such as lime wire and other music sites.then they told me to ring acer so i did they give me this microsoft address to follow step by step and i did 4 times naw still deleting itself
icon8.gif
DOES ANY ONE ALSO HAVE THAT PROBLEM?
comets maniger in merther has said that we can knot have a full refund due to not returned before 28 days but it was because it was in for repair
icon13.gif

i my self would knot recammend comet for any asistance on bying or upgrading any comuter,laptop...NOT HAPPY...
icon8.gif

Electronics & Photo Fan

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
millzy08 said:
i taken it back to currys 5 times naw not happy

When you say currys, I assume you mean comet.

millzy08 said:
comets maniger in merther has said that we can knot have a full refund due to not returned before 28 days but it was because it was in for repair

The 28 day thing is comet's own stupid policy - But if you did return it within 28 days you are entitled BY LAW to a FULL REFUND under the Sale Of Goods Act. But you're likely going to have to go to court to get them to understand that as they don't take kindly to you going in there and telling them yourself.

Sorry, but I think Comet are the worst High St. retailer around. I won't be using them again, after my own bad experiences.

P.S. Merther? Do you mean Merthyr?

Reaction score
Fighting Comet

I purchased my Acer laptop 5920g from Comet. What a mistake. One day after purchase the keyboard froze; the screen went black and then the whole thing crashed.
I went back to Comet for my money back. They refused saying that they had the right, according to the OFT to send the unit back for repair. I rejected the repair, insisting that if it is to be returned to the manufacturer it must only go for fault diagnosis. This again they refused.
I am now in the second stage of court. After the first hearing the court insisted that I gave Comet the chance to find the fault only. This I allowed. Comet had twenty eight days to comply with the courts order. On the 29th October I recieved a phone call from Comet informing me that the laptop was ready for pick up along with the report.
Well the laptop had not been returned to the manufacturer they had called in an on call engineer who tested the laptop, this of course showed no fault. Surprise! Surprise! Well back to the court on the 17th November. What a shop Comet are.
The on call engineer would have cost a packet, probably more than the laptop, just to try and prove me wrong. What a bunch of
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ add your own letters.

Reaction score
Electronics & Photo Fan said:
When you say currys, I assume you mean comet.

Comet, dicksons, curries..They all come under the same name...
sorry to say this, but you should have asked for a replacement/refund after the second time of taking it back to them..can you explain what you mean by corrupting..?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'd be inclined to blame Acer rather than Comet meself but there ya go.

My oh my a Comet bashing thread, makes a change from Mesh I suppose :lol:

Next :)

Reaction score
Why would I blame Acer. I purchaced the laptop from Comet. Who actually built the thing at this time doesn't really interest me. I just want my money back from Comet the people I purchased it from. As for the Comet bashing thread, you only get bashed when you do something wrong over and over again to people who trust you. I would be interested in any body else is having trouble with the same laptop.

Reaction score
dj1958 said:
Why would I blame Acer.

Simple, because Acer are shite..End of..Take it from an ex employee..As for been interested if anybody else is having the same trouble..I repair in excess of 100 Acer computer every week.. Enough said i'd think...:wall:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
dj1958 said:
Why would I blame Acer. I purchaced the laptop from Comet. Who actually built the thing at this time doesn't really interest me. I just want my money back from Comet the people I purchased it from. As for the Comet bashing thread, you only get bashed when you do something wrong over and over again to people who trust you. I would be interested in any body else is having trouble with the same laptop.

Madxgraphics said:
Simple, because Acer are shite..End of..Take it from an ex employee..As for been interested if anybody else is having the same trouble..I repair in excess of 100 Acer computer every week.. Enough said i'd think... :headbang:

'nuff said indeed, you took the words right out of my mouth, as that rather tubby American singer Mr Loaf once sang...

Acer are indeed crap, I drink with two peeps who bought Acer laptops less than a year ago and both agree they're el crapola.

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Simple, because Acer are shite..End of..Take it from an ex employee..As for been interested if anybody else is having the same trouble..I repair in excess of 100 Acer computer every week.. Enough said i'd think...
wallbash.gif
Thank you for the above reply. If as you say you repair Acer computers regularly,

are you aware of the fault that I am experiencing?

Do you have any possible conclusions as to its remedy? I comprehend from your comments that the actual make of my computer is inadequate. I am looking for substance in the form of an offering of correction. Whilst I do understand your views on the Acer computer, I really need substantive evidence to fight Comet at this moment . I really do enjoy your pictorial jokes, rather unprofessional in their construct I fear that they do portray a certain sarcasms in their delivery, why I am the recipient of such sarcasm deludes me a this moment in time but if it pleases you to continue please do so

Reaction score
dj1958 said:
Thank you for the above reply. If as you say you repair Acer computers regularly,

are you aware of the fault that I am experiencing?

Do you have any possible conclusions as to its remedy? I comprehend from your comments that the actual make of my computer is inadequate. I am looking for substance in the form of an offering of correction. Whilst I do understand your views on the Acer computer, I really need substantive evidence to fight Comet at this moment . I really do enjoy your pictorial jokes, rather unprofessional in their construct I fear that they do portray a certain sarcasms in their delivery, why I am the recipient of such sarcasm deludes me a this moment in time but if it pleases you to continue please do so

Lets see,, Keyboard froze, black screen...erm that couyld be a million and one things..Without actually doing any sort of test on it I wouldn't know what was going on with it..

As for the sarcasm, erm look it up in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of me...:lol: But seriously, I just read the thread back and for the love of god I can't see where I was sarcastic to you...If you were refering to the little not under the message that says Becarful this muppet..etc..That goes on every post/thread..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alright, things are not entirely clear.

Don't quote me on this but I think that sellers are allowed one go to repair anything faulty and then if it goes faulty a second time you can claim your money back. As I said, I'm no lawyer but that's my understanding.

There's one thing I can't ascertain from the above posts and that is: Do you actually have this Acer Laptop now and is it working correctly?

The previous faults were black screen and crashing one day after purchase, presumably Comet returned it you working correctly and you say 'The hard disk keeps corrupting'. What do you mean by this?

What operating system are you using?

You say you visit Limewire. If you visit Limewire and similar sites unless you have a very good idea of what you're doing you'll almost certainly contract a virus or trojan. Is that what you mean by 'hard disk corrupting'?

Also please describe 'hard reset'. Do you mean a re-installation of your Operating System? (which I'd hazard a guess is either MS Windows XP or Vista).

If this was the case and an engineer found no fault with the machine it's likely your fault for corrupting your system with malware.

It's also a possibility that when Comets took the laptop for repair during the court case they may have substituted the faulty unit for a new one just to save face and also to make the court case go against you.

This is all conjecture however and without hard facts that's all it will be.

If you can, please answer the questions I've asked and also provide a timeline of events in the laptop's history.

Once we've viewed that info, we may be able to offer constructive advice, maybe not.

It does seem obvious that if nobody has replied to this thread yet confirming they've suffered similar then it's likely nobody on this forum has been through a similar experience.

One last point, if you purchased it from Comet, why take it back to Currys five times? I do read above that they're the same retail group, I wasn't aware Comet and Currys were one and the same although I know Currys is linked to several other high street retailers.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Curry's is linked to Dixon's and PC World but Comet is an entirely different setup.:nod:

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Lets see,, Keyboard froze, black screen...erm that couyld be a million and one things..Without actually doing any sort of test on it I wouldn't know what was going on with it..

As for the sarcasm, erm look it up in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of me...
laughingsmiley.gif
But seriously, I just read the thread back and for the love of god I can't see where I was sarcastic to you...If you were refering to the little not under the message that says Becarful this muppet..etc..That goes on every post/thread..
I looked up the word sarcastic, thanks for the pointer. It does however make reference to bitter irony, taunting, ironical or wounding remarks. I found the man hitting his head up the wall rather uncalled for, along with the comments “enough said”. I am in a situation that requires me to keep on asking, until my court case is heard. I do not need you to tell me to end my consultations. I take it you are unable or unwilling to even take a good guess as to my problematic machine. I was hoping to ascertain from you or other persons some repartition in the above break down of my computer.

As you” mend in excess of 100 Acers every week”, this is all I was referencing, but alas you seem unable to help. I found the profanity uncalled for, so in conclusion I cannot see that any further communication is helpful. So thank you and goodbye

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
dj1958 said:
I looked up the word sarcastic, thanks for the pointer. It does however make reference to bitter irony, taunting, ironical or wounding remarks. I found the man hitting his head up the wall rather uncalled for, along with the comments “enough said”. I am in a situation that requires me to keep on asking, until my court case is heard. I do not need you to tell me to end my consultations. I take it you are unable or unwilling to even take a good guess as to my problematic machine. I was hoping to ascertain from you or other persons some repartition in the above break down of my computer.

As you” mend in excess of 100 Acers every week”, this is all I was referencing, but alas you seem unable to help. I found the profanity uncalled for, so in conclusion I cannot see that any further communication is helpful. So thank you and goodbye

You really are a grumpy old Hector aren't you? :)

I made an attempt to help you but you seem to have ignored my last post.

Definitely something iffy here.

So I will never know now why Comet customers return faulty goods to Currys :lol:

End of thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question