ACER Aspire Problems

Reaction score
Hi people,
I bought an Acer Laptop(aspire 5135...?) 2 months ago from a second hand(with 1yr guarantee) shop and it looked new. But using it at home, it started switching itself off without any warning. I first thought it might due to the battery(not fully charged) or the cable not properly connected.
The seller is refusing to get it back, cos for the 4th time they cant see the problem am talking about as it does not go off when they are testing it: They have just called me to say they have left it on overnight and an is still on. They say it could be caused by an external HD I use at home. The only hardwares I have been connecting are mic and webcam. And at times it went off without these being connected.
What can I do.
thankx
rap

Reaction score
raptee said:
Hi people,
I bought an Acer Laptop(aspire 5135...?) 2 months ago from a second hand(with 1yr guarantee) shop and it looked new. But using it at home, it started switching itself off without any warning. I first thought it might due to the battery(not fully charged) or the cable not properly connected.
The seller is refusing to get it back, cos for the 4th time they cant see the problem am talking about as it does not go off when they are testing it: They have just called me to say they have left it on overnight and an is still on. They say it could be caused by an external HD I use at home. The only hardwares I have been connecting are mic and webcam. And at times it went off without these being connected.
What can I do.
thankx
rap

Welcome to the forum.....
happywave.gif

Well its a bit like having tooth ache, yer tooth hurts like ***k untill you have to see the dentist then it doesn't hurt..
First I would check exactly what the 1 year warrenty says..
Then if your Acer has Empowering tech on it..Go to safe mode and delete it....Empowering tech has a habit of doing silly things with your machine...Take it from me..I repair them day in and day out..Do that then see what hapens..Also check you BIOS and see if its not set to go in sleep or any other mode, also check your power options...What OS are you running by the way..?

Reaction score
acer aspire problems

thankx M'graphigs,
the laptop is at the moment with the seller and I must go for it as they cant find anything wrong with it. will check the guarantee later: am away. and the OS is VISTA Home and the proc. is celeron. Will keep you informed.
Thankx once again bruv.
rap.

Ask a Question