Cheap Computer

Reaction score
Acer are actually suprisingly good - my parents have a 17" TFT made by Acer and next door have the exact same model too.

None came with dead pixels and both have picture quality than any other TFT i have used. Fact.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Acer are actually suprisingly good - my parents have a 17" TFT made by Acer and next door have the exact same model too.

None came with dead pixels and both have picture quality than any other TFT i have used. Fact.
Well, funny you should mention it, but when I put my Mum's system together I used a Benq 17" TFT, which, according to Mucks, are manufactured by Acer.

And, to me, it looks great. Maybe I should stop listening to opinions and just trust my eyes before passing comment ;)

Reaction score
lol yeah !! just order whats on offer and if you dont like it, put a sledgehammer through it and send it back as faulty ;)

Digimate TFT's are appaling though.

Reaction score
Chris- Tiny Systems arent bad. My first ever PC was a Tiny back in the days when the fastest processors were just breaking 1GHz. Tiny dont like you to mess about with their PC`s tho- when I first took the side panel off, I found out they`d glued all the parts together to make it harder to upgrade. Computer was stable tho.

Kenny

Reaction score
Fair enough.

I would still reccomend building your own though - you know exactly whats in it and can get help easier from places such as this.

Providing you know how.

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice boys, posted last night and just home from work and have 25 fooken replies! Good Job!!!! Anyway, ive been building PC's for almost 10 years, so thats not a problem, i wouldn't do anything else. However, i have kinda been lazy for the last few when it comes to keeping up to date with technology, thats why i was after advice. Once i know what to put in, building them is a piece of proverbial, well, you know. Anyway, I'll look into the stuff that has been suggested. Where did you price these things chris?

Oh, and software is not a problem, that doesnt have to be included in the price, just the hardware.

Bodhi.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and doesnt need a dvd writer, just a CD writer, so gonna stick in the same one i have, the liteon 52x32x52. Does anyone have any opinions on difusion monitors by any chance?

Ask a Question