I'm stuck a little

Reaction score
Now hopefully over the next few month I will receive a decent payout from the accident I was in while in work
As a result I have now been off of work for almost 7 months with constant examinations and Physio etc etc

Cut a long story short I have been toying with the idea to update PC, build a new one! Don't get me wrong absolutely nothing wrong with the one I have 8core, 16gb SSD, NVME, GTX 970. It all runs fine and plays pretty much all I want, But like you lot.... I like new toys when the currency permits too... :)

Now I am stuck;

Ryzen 3700X

Or

Threadripper 1920X

Threadripper means changing cooler as well ya see. Where'as The 3700X I can use my AIO for
Of course I know I will have to change the M/B regardless and buy new memory of which is going to be 3200mhz type

I want this new machine as future proofed as possible. The one i'm on now is almost 8 years old, SO do I spend a shed load of cash on a new machine
Or save the money toward a really nice holiday or clothes, car, etc etc
I worked out all in all it will cost me just shy of £1400 if I update the buy an extra NVME and a new case too..

What ever do I do????

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Now hopefully over the next few month I will receive a decent payout from the accident I was in while in work
As a result I have now been off of work for almost 7 months with constant examinations and Physio etc etc
Sorry to hear that @TriplexDread - I hope that you are on the mend!

I'd choose the Ryzen 3700X every day of the week if you do choose between those CPUs... but it does sound like you've got a decent system already. What's your current CPU?

I'm running a Ryzen 3600 and couldn't be happier at the price I paid :thumb: .

Reaction score
Thanks Ian.

At present I have the AMD FX 8320. I think I paid £38 for it about a year ago with HS so not bad really
Slightly slower than my previous 6core which is running at 3.8 but its great. Although my Sabertooh 990FX board has auto clocked it to 4.12gig and it seems perfectly stable lol. Really dunno what to do.

Lotta money to spend if I already have this system which is perfectly fine.

Decisions

Ask a Question