Casetech.co.uk - They take your money, your gear doesn't arrive. They ignore you.

Reaction score
I ordered approx £200.00 of Corsair RAM off them on Wednesday 17th May.

I asked for shipping details on the following Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Today).

They have not replied to one of my requests for shipping information.

Both Parcelforce and CityLink cannot find any consignments for me.

I have asked them today for a full refund and they have not replied.

It appears that I'm not alone in being shafted by this company.

I run a webhosting business and I'm seriously considering running a website that lists peoples bad experiences with them.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's only been a week, so it isn't too bad - have you given them a ring? Just call them and ask whats up :)

Reaction score
X-case.co.uk for example have delivered within 2 days for everything I've ever ordered. There are loads of suppliers who just deliver on time. When I ask someone for shipping details I expect them to reply. I've been googling and loads of other people ask them for shipping details to get a wall of silence.

These people have left a sour taste in my mouth. I've just found out their freakin phone number by googling. I shouldn't have to do that. Their phone number is nowhere to be found on their site. I TRUSTED THEM.

I trusted them to deliver on time. Failing that, if they say "We are a fully internet based business" - I expect them be extra viliglant to the ONLY form of official communication they have open to their customers - the internet.

I'm a really nice guy, but if a firm really, really leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth, by not bothering with their customers communications, then I'm going to make them regret it more than I regret ever giving them my business.

There is nothing casetech can do now. They will be forced to give me a refund.

After that, I will do what the hell I want and casetech wont like the hand I'll deal them.

I don't care, because casetech sure as hell don't care that I don't like the way they are treating me.

Reaction score
Think of it as a public service.

By God, by the time I'm finished with them (And it will be a long time before I'm finished with them) they'll damn well check their support system AND they'll publish their phone number AND pick up the ****ing phone.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not publishing a phone number is never good - I personally don't go for any company that doesn't publish it as e-ticket systems take ages.

Let us know the outcome :thumb:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Not publishing a phone number is never good - I personally don't go for any company that doesn't publish it as e-ticket systems take ages.

Let us know the outcome :thumb:
As Ian say's dealing with a company that only publishes it's email address is a bit dodgy, when i do deal with companies on-line i always go to a company that has both a telephone and/or address in case something goes wrong, If you order does not turn up after a reasonable time then do as others have done here and contact trading standards.

But above all keep calm when dealing with the company.

How hard have you tried to find the companies address details??

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Some details ...

PO Box 557 ... :rolleyes:
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
S66 3YN

Customer service 08707 664964

These details are not listed on their site ... as such they are in breach of UK regulations.

Reaction score
yell.com

Found this doing a search at www.yell.com

casetech.co.uk ltd
Unit A7,
Bradshaw Business Park,
Bow Bridge Close,
Rotherham,
South Yorkshire
S60 1BY

0870 7664964

muckshifter

Reaction score
some more ...

Domain name:
casetech.co.uk

Registrant:
Stephen Wright

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrant's agent:
Easyspace Ltd t/a Easyspace Ltd [Tag = EASYSPACE]
URL: http://www.easyspace.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 27-May-2002
Renewal date: 27-May-2008
Last updated: 09-May-2006

Registration status:
Renewal request being processed.

Name servers:
ns.34sp.com
ns2.34sp.com

still digging ... i'm bored ... ;)

Reaction score
Ordered off Casetech? Missing Goods? DON'T phone them.

If you phone them, you will get an "engaged" tone.

* YOU WILL BE CHARGED AT LEAST 5 PENCE FOR THE PRIVILAGE OF LISTENING TO THE ENGAGED TONE, I know, because my phone system is entirely PAYG based.

Considering that it is an 0870 number, *MOST PROBABLY* Castech are making money out of customers calling to chase up goods, without them even having to lift a phone and talk to anyone.

An official complaint has been made to OFCOM and they are investigating Casetech.

I am also adding this to the existing complaint I have made to trading standards about this so called retailer.

Last edited:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Did you notice this ...

The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.
This to is against "regulations" as you must register as a trader. ;)

Reaction score
Code:
  Domain name:
         castech.co.uk

Registrant:
         Castech (U.K.) Limited

Trading as: 
         Castech (UK)

Registrant type:
         UK Limited Company, (Company number: 3171292)

Registrant's address:
         Sunderland Road
         Sandy
         Bedfordshire
         SG19 1QY
         GB

Registrant's agent:
         Thus plc t/a Demon Internet [Tag = DEMON]
         URL: [url]http://www.demon.net[/url]

Relevant dates:
         Registered on: 28-Oct-1997
         Renewal date:  28-Oct-2007
         Last updated:  29-Sep-2005

Registration status:
         Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
         ns0.demon.co.uk
         ns1.demon.co.uk
         ns2.demon.net

It's public now. I wonder how that happened.....
;-)

WHOIS lookup made at 12:03:56 25-May-2006

Reaction score
**EDITED OUT FOR NOW- ON CASE HE IS READING***

Now. I need to do some further research here. Along with thinking up some what the best thing to do tactically.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I suggest you write a letter to them & send it registered post, so that someone signs it, that way you can prove that they have got it.

Reaction score
feckit said:
I suggest you write a letter to them & send it registered post, so that someone signs it, that way you can prove that they have got it.
Suggest that you tell then in writing that if you do not get the goods within 14 days of the date on the letter that you will sue them in the small claims court, perhaps you should contact trading standards or bbc watchdog as well.

Did you pay my credit card, if so you may have protection with the card company. But as said before always dodgy to deal with a company that does not give their address or contact details openly!!

Reaction score
Update.

Last Thursday they said via email / their support system that they had issued me a refund. Within 10 minutes I told them that they HAVE NOT issued me a refund and that their is no refund in my PayPal account concerning the two outstanding transactions that I had with them.

By Friday afternoon I had finally lost my patience with these people.

I went to the company house website and paid £1.00 for their last tax return in order to get the addresses of the directors. I found the managing directors home address and as luck would have it, his home phone number was listed in directory enquiries.

I waited until the evening and gave Steve Wright's home a call. A woman answered (Wife? Gf? Sister? Mum?) and I told her in a very confrontational manner that I'm a disgruntled customer of is who wants his money back right now. She asked me who I am. I replied "Steve should be able to work out who I am, if he can't, he's in a lot of trouble then, isn't he?" - I slammed the phone down.

Steve called back between 10-20 minutes later. Whinging on about how "I don't like customers calling me at home on a Friday night"

I replied back "Well I don't like being lied to about goods being shipped that aren't along with be you're company listing a premium rate number for me to pay to listen to a ****ing engaged tone. Pay me my refund and I'm off your back Steve"

He asked me to calm down. Then he tried to say "Yeah well we'll refund you next week as we have procedures to follow"

I said "Steve, I couldn't give a **** about your company, it's procedures and all the rest of it."

Steve said "But we have to tell something to PayPal"

I said "PayPal don't give 2 monkeys. You refund me, PayPal close the dispute case automatically - it's that simple."

Steve said "But you have a company, you understand that you have internal procedures for a reason, if you had told us last week we would have been happy to give you a refund"

I snapped "If you had bothered to log into your own help desk system, you would know that I asked you for a refund 48 hours ago, so no, that's not exactly true is it Steve? As a matter of fact Steve, a chap who calls himself "Richard" has told me a refund was issued, it has not been, that's one of the many reasons why I'm angry so you owe it to me to refund me my money right now!"

Steve "I do many other projects, I'm the MD, I don't have time to login to the helpdesk system"

I said "Steve, as the MD of your company, it's your responsibility to ensure your staff do their jobs. If they don't, it should not become the problem of your customers. So Steve, refund me my money..NOW please."

Steve said "I will do as soon as we get off the phone."

I said "Have a good weekend Steve."

He paid up a refund within 10 minutes.

I think he kinda guessed that I would have been the kind of guy that would just post his personal home address and phone number in as many places as possible.

If I had been able to get the name of his accountant, I would have gone the extra mile and impersonated that accountant into fooling his wife/girlfriend into giving up his mobile phone number, but alas, I never did find out the name of his accountants (Sometimes a tax return can give that away).

Anyway. If anyone else ever feels they aren't getting anywhere with casetech, drop me a pm and I would be delighted to give you Steve's details.

muckshifter

Reaction score
I love it ... give that man a cold beer. :thumb:

Well done!

:D

Reaction score
Great news Chris:thumb:

Companies House is well worth the visit, i know of someone who did the same to a mesh director who payed up too!!

Ask a Question