Case for new build

Reaction score
Looking for a case that has a clear side. I have a budget of £75 so im looking to get the best case possible within my budget. I have a good idea of which one i will get, i just need some suggestions as i may have not seen them.

Thanks for your help.

Stu

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I think Chris Postill may have that one, if its anything like my Thermaltake Soprano then it will be plenty big enough :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have that exact same case too. Its good but not huge, and it wont fit an 8800 unless you remove the HDD caddy, or use a dremmel. ;)

Check out my gallery. :thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks good, i did read somewhere that you couldnt fit a cathode tube in the bottom of the case, but you've obviously managed it, was it hard to fit?

Also im actually looking at getting the 8800 in the future, removing the HDD caddy isn't going to be a problem is it?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
No prob at all Stu, the tube fit easy....

I have been thinking about an 88 later in the year myself, I see two options i reckon. Remove caddy or Buy bigger case! I reallly like the Antec 900.....:D

Chris P got an 88 in his, i been waiting for him to post up some photos of it to see just how much room it needs....Maybe he needs a nudge. :)
removing the HDD caddy isn't going to be a problem is it?
Removing it is easy, In this photo, you see the little thumb screw at the bottom of the caddy? just unscrew that and press on the tab at the top and slide it out. Simple. :thumb:

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yep thats the beasty i mean, nice aint it? :D
Either would be good, at the end of the day the choice is yours. ;)

PS, i added some info to my earlier post.

Reaction score
Thanks for that, i will let you know which one i decide to buy. I hope i will have ordered all the components by monday.

Reaction score
You are so helpful! I found out the 8800GTS is 23cm and the 8800GTX is 26.9cm. As i am hoping to get the GTS version, i would imagine it would fit in the thermaltake case.

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated.

I think i have finally chosen the Thermaltake Tsunami Dream :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well it certainly is a nice case, and quiet too. The cooling on its good. Although I think i'll change my CPU cooler soon, The Gigabyte one is a dust magnet, what with that side fan blowing on it. Although saying that, i understand the Antec is just as bad what with that optinal 120 on the side and the not so fine grills on the front.
But the cooling on it is superb! :)

Ask a Question