Can't open contacts sent to me

B

Bob Dole

I'm using Office Outlook 2007 (not express). My problem is as follows:

A client of mine will send me a group of contacts in an email message (they place the contacts in the email by dragging and dropping the contacts into the email). When I receive the email the contacts will each be listed (by name) as a separate .msg attachment within the email. When I open the email attachments they will be blank or with only an email address. Is there any resolution to this so that I can see the full contact information or vcf card? Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

R

Roady [MVP]

Are you sure they are not empty to begin with? They might have been added
the wrong way by the sender or the sender simply didn't have any additional
info on that contact. Also, try saving the items to disk first instead of
directly opening them from Outlook.

B

Bob Dole

Thanks for the help Robert. I do know they had the information within the files, he reopened the email and was able to retrieve the information. And when he sent me the vcf cards (he attached them through a different method) there was much more information then just the email address. Also I tried saving the email to my desktop and then opening it, same thing no info. Anything else I can try? Thanks.

Ask a Question