Automatically sync GAL to Outlook 2010 contacts?

G

Garrett

Good day everyone,

I have been tasked with finding a way to have contacts from the Global Address List provided by a Exchange 2003 server to be pulled into and synced automatically into the local contacts of Outlook 2010.

Thus far my research has shown the only way to pull contacts from the GAL into the contacts list is to open the address book, highlight the contacts you want then right click and select Import to Contacts. However the requester is sure there is a way to do this automatically, so that when new entries are made on the GAL they'll appear in Contacts with in outlook.

Is there anyway to accomplish this automatically? Is there a way, but Exchange 2003 can't do it? Is a 3rd party plugin my only hope? Let me know ifthere any questions I can answer to help clear up the question.

Thank you,

G.

M

Michael Bednarek

I have been tasked with finding a way to have contacts from the Global Address List provided by a Exchange 2003 server to be pulled into and synced automatically into the local contacts of Outlook 2010.

Thus far my research has shown the only way to pull contacts from the GAL into the contacts list is to open the address book, highlight the contacts you want then right click and select Import to Contacts. However the requester is sure there is a way to do this automatically, so that when new entries are made on the GAL they'll appear in Contacts with in outlook.

Is there anyway to accomplish this automatically? Is there a way, but Exchange 2003 can't do it? Is a 3rd party plugin my only hope? Let me know if there any questions I can answer to help clear up the question.

(Please hit the Enter key after about every 72 characters.)

I don't see the problem. The Global Address List is automatically
available to Outlook clients which use an Exchange account. It is not
desirable to make snapshot copies of it into a user's Contacts Folder.

Ask a Question