Windows XP Cannot Uninstall MS Professional 2003

Reaction score
I cannot remove MS Office on the add/remove tool. I had the basic version shipped with my notebook without the CD, in October a friend installed MS Office Professional Beta version so I could use access. I've had nothing but problems since. Someone please help. I've looked around on the web and it says to reinstall the disk, well I don't have it, so what's one to do?

All of my MS office applications are not working now, If I try to open word or any application it says "preparing to install" then I get an error message "MS Office Word has not been install for the current user. Please run the setup to install the application. Well I'm the only user on this computer, and why has this started up all of a sudden.

I have Norton deluxe package, so I don't think it's a virus. However, since I've upgraded my virus protection things have gone downhilll with my MS applications.

Reaction score
try reset...

Go to regedit(run) and then hkcu\software\microsoft\office\11.0 and delete the Data folder or if not just type in Run: winword.exe /a and check if its running and not asking for install...if not check the permissions on your user account

Ask a Question