Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook

Phyllis

I have 3 seperate profiles in MS Outlook with a shortcut for each profile.
Until just a few hours ago I could open al 3 profiles, at different times,
with no problem. However, I can no longer open my gmail profile. Instead I
recieve the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot
open the Outlook window."

Does anyone know how I can fix this? And also, what caused the problem?

Gordon

Phyllis said:
I have 3 seperate profiles in MS Outlook with a shortcut for each profile.
Until just a few hours ago I could open al 3 profiles, at different times,
with no problem. However, I can no longer open my gmail profile. Instead I
recieve the following message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.
Cannot
open the Outlook window."

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Google or a search of this newsgroup still works you know - this is a very
frequently asked and answered question and you would have found the answer
instantly rather than having to wait 4 hours....

Do Start-Run and type in (without the quotes) "Outlook.exe /resetnavepane"

Note the space between exe and /

problems starting outlook 2007

I have the same problem and it started on May 28 too. I treid Gordon's
advice, but then I got the following error: "command line argument not
valid. Verify the switch you are using" I made sure the space was between
exe and /

Help please

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"problems starting outlook 2007" <problems starting outlook
I have the same problem and it started on May 28 too. I treid Gordon's
advice, but then I got the following error: "command line argument not
valid. Verify the switch you are using" I made sure the space was between
exe and /

Then you still typed it incorrectly somehow.

problems starting outlook 2007

I tried all possible combinations and none of them worked.

problems starting outlook 2007

It is /resetnavpane, not navepane, I did get it to work. Thanks