Cannot Open PDF files

Hello,

I recently installed Windows XP Pro on my PC. I have also
installed Adobe Reader 7.0. When I browse to a page that
has a link to a PDF file, when I click on the link, nothing happens.

I have checked and File Types and added PDF to be handled by
Adobe Reader 7.0.

Is there anything else I need to setup to get this to work?

Thanks

Larry

Jan Il

Hi Larry :)

Try the following and see if it helps:

IE browser software defaults Acrobat Reader to "OFF" to display PDF files.
You can restore the setting to"ON" by finding an Acrobat document and then
opening it.

Then click Edit> Preferences> Internet> check the box next to "Display PDF
in browser"

If still no joy, try the information here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/pdf.htm
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/files.htm

also..

Troubleshooting problems opening PDF files in Internet Explorer window
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ie/pdf.htm

Hope this helps.

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE [DTS/AumHa]
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Jan,

Thanks for the infomation. It is now working once I turned it OFF and
back ON
in Adobe document.

Larry

"> wrote in message
Jan,

Thanks for the infomation. It is now working once I turned it OFF and
back ON
in Adobe document.

Larry

You're very welcome! I'm very glad to hear you were able to resolve your
problem. Good job!

Thank you very much for posting back and letting us know what worked for
you, and for the benefit of other readers who might have a similar problem.