cannot load the locally stored profile

Reaction score
Here’s the situation:

Windows XP Home SP2

1) Power on PC

2) Get native Windows XP logo.

3) Running raid1 on two 80G drives. Get a message that the file system “L” should be checked for consistency. Says to press any key to bypass but keyboard is dead. Runs all 3 stages with no bad sectors found. Volume label Local Disk.

4) Get same as 3) except for file system “G”. Volume label is Local Disk

5) Get same as 3) except for file system “C”. Volume label is HP_PAVILLION

6) Sign-in screen with 4 ID’s. Daddy-O, Justin, Master Mark, NewName

7) Press Daddy-O

8) Get User Environment pop-up “Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.” This is the same for any of the 4 users on this PC. The detail at the bottom of this pop-up differs between the user login attempts.

DETAIL – The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format.”

OR DETAIL – An I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably. The registry could not read in, or write out, or flush, one of the files that contain the system’s image of the registry.

OR DETAIL – Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service”.

9) From any user id login when I press ok, a second pop-up “Windows cannot load the user’s profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.”

DETAIL – Access is denied.

10) Press ok. The sign-in screen appears. (Back to square 0).

11) Restart, PF1 after disk scan, go into Safe mode.

12) Everything seems to be fine. I can log into whichever ID I choose just fine. I see all my files. I can’t run “chkdsk /r” because the system says the NPFS file system is locked but gives me the opportunity to run chkdsk on the next boot which also comes up with no errors.

Would appreciate if anyone could help point me in a direction.

Reaction score
I would have to guess that you probably have to many events starting at bootup for the computer to handle properly and this has caused some type of resource problem.Perhaps if you disabled some devices that you do not require to boot up in normal mode,this may allow you to boot on your profile.

Ask a Question