can not load ms game on hard drive partition

dirtfarmer

i have few microsoft game and im runing in to a problem
i had a 20 Gb hard drive but was geting to small for
allgames and all other stuff
so i got a 120 Gb hard drive and partition to 3 part
label drive d, e and f c been my main which i now
use only for xp and software not game
problem is
not a one of my game let me load to partition d or
e, but will let me c and f and i like to know why
i try takeing partion out and puting them back and
reformat you the window xp tools but same probleand i
try us just D:\game or jjust d and what the game
what you to lidt as. but not a thing work, and it
drive me nuts, other games from other co game have
no problem load on the drive iD or e but not
microsoft game
the error i get is
(((( the path you seleted specifies an invalid drive or
the folder is invalid, imcomplete, to long, or write
protected----enter the full path with drive
letter;;;;for esp -- C:\program Files\microsoft
games\mechcommander2))))))))

well did that ii short the name down to just d or d:
games not thing help and i got 5 game from
microsoft that give me the same problem load in
drive c, but not what i want
can in the parttion f of the 120 gb drive but not in
drive d or e
which ifind every strange

Jimmy S.

Hi Dirtfarmer,

I install all my Microsoft games to H: drive.

When the installation program asks you for the destination
change the drive letter only, leave the rest as suggested i.e.:
For C:\program Files\microsoft games\mechcommander2
use D:\program Files\microsoft games\mechcommander2
^----- just change the letter, leave the rest as it was.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| i have few microsoft game and im runing in to a problem
| i had a 20 Gb hard drive but was geting to small for
| allgames and all other stuff
| so i got a 120 Gb hard drive and partition to 3 part
| label drive d, e and f c been my main which i now
| use only for xp and software not game
| problem is
| not a one of my game let me load to partition d or
| e, but will let me c and f and i like to know why
| i try takeing partion out and puting them back and
| reformat you the window xp tools but same probleand i
| try us just D:\game or jjust d and what the game
| what you to lidt as. but not a thing work, and it
| drive me nuts, other games from other co game have
| no problem load on the drive iD or e but not
| microsoft game
| the error i get is
| (((( the path you seleted specifies an invalid drive or
| the folder is invalid, imcomplete, to long, or write
| protected----enter the full path with drive
| letter;;;;for esp -- C:\program Files\microsoft
| games\mechcommander2))))))))
|

| well did that ii short the name down to just d or d:
| games not thing help and i got 5 game from
| microsoft that give me the same problem load in
| drive c, but not what i want
| can in the parttion f of the 120 gb drive but not in
| drive d or e
| which ifind every strange

afbosch

i try that just changeing the drive letter but come up with same
error, even shorted the word and same thing happen
i just can not fique out why when on partition does but the other 2
do not

Jimmy S.

Hi afbosch,

Open an Explorer window when you have that problem,
and see if you can create the folder manually.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| i try that just changeing the drive letter but come up with same
| error, even shorted the word and same thing happen
| i just can not fique out why when on partition does but the other 2
| do not
| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Dirtfarmer,
| >
| > I install all my Microsoft games to H: drive.
| >
| > When the installation program asks you for the destination
| > change the drive letter only, leave the rest as suggested i.e.:
| > For C:\program Files\microsoft games\mechcommander2
| > use D:\program Files\microsoft games\mechcommander2
| > ^----- just change the letter, leave the rest as it was.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >

| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| | > |
| > | i have few microsoft game and im runing in to a problem
| > | i had a 20 Gb hard drive but was geting to small for
| > | allgames and all other stuff
| > | so i got a 120 Gb hard drive and partition to 3 part
| > | label drive d, e and f c been my main which i now
| > | use only for xp and software not game
| > | problem is
| > | not a one of my game let me load to partition d or
| > | e, but will let me c and f and i like to know why
| > | i try takeing partion out and puting them back and
| > | reformat you the window xp tools but same probleand i
| > | try us just D:\game or jjust d and what the game
| > | what you to lidt as. but not a thing work, and it
| > | drive me nuts, other games from other co game have
| > | no problem load on the drive iD or e but not
| > | microsoft game
| > | the error i get is
| > | (((( the path you seleted specifies an invalid drive or
| > | the folder is invalid, imcomplete, to long, or write
| > | protected----enter the full path with drive
| > | letter;;;;for esp -- C:\program Files\microsoft
| > | games\mechcommander2))))))))
| > |
| > |
| > | well did that ii short the name down to just d or d:
| > | games not thing help and i got 5 game from
| > | microsoft that give me the same problem load in
| > | drive c, but not what i want
| > | can in the parttion f of the 120 gb drive but not in
| > | drive d or e
| > | which ifind every strange
| > |

afbosch

ok try what you said, but had try before i re formay and reoatition it work
that way
i create d:\program file\microsoft games\mechcommander 2\ trash files
folder, put all the folder in sub folder etc
i can read them and open them there so i now that work all was did that
way, additional info i download all xp and 98 window update and save them
to drive E , which i rename window update foe now
but
i try to load mechwarrior 4 to D: and E:, no way same error, not a a
valid drive or folder, but
it would let me load to drive F: same drive differtent partion and
to my main drive C:

i just can not fique this out as to why,

Jimmy S. said:
Hi afbosch,

Open an Explorer window when you have that problem,
and see if you can create the folder manually.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

| i try that just changeing the drive letter but come up with same
| error, even shorted the word and same thing happen
| i just can not fique out why when on partition does but the other 2
| do not
| "Jimmy S." <Private> wrote in message
| | > Hi Dirtfarmer,
| >
| > I install all my Microsoft games to H: drive.
| >
| > When the installation program asks you for the destination
| > change the drive letter only, leave the rest as suggested i.e.:
| > For C:\program Files\microsoft games\mechcommander2
| > use D:\program Files\microsoft games\mechcommander2
| > ^----- just change the letter, leave the rest as it was.
| >
| > --
| > Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User
| > Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| >

| > Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms
| > Visit my Zone.com / Gaming Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk or Call /
| Contact
| > MS Support at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=sz;en-us;top
| > My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any
| rights.

| | > |
| > | i have few microsoft game and im runing in to a problem
| > | i had a 20 Gb hard drive but was geting to small for
| > | allgames and all other stuff
| > | so i got a 120 Gb hard drive and partition to 3 part
| > | label drive d, e and f c been my main which i now
| > | use only for xp and software not game
| > | problem is
| > | not a one of my game let me load to partition d or
| > | e, but will let me c and f and i like to know why
| > | i try takeing partion out and puting them back and
| > | reformat you the window xp tools but same probleand i
| > | try us just D:\game or jjust d and what the game
| > | what you to lidt as. but not a thing work, and it
| > | drive me nuts, other games from other co game have
| > | no problem load on the drive iD or e but not
| > | microsoft game
| > | the error i get is
| > | (((( the path you seleted specifies an invalid drive or
| > | the folder is invalid, imcomplete, to long, or write
| > | protected----enter the full path with drive
| > | letter;;;;for esp -- C:\program Files\microsoft
| > | games\mechcommander2))))))))
| > |
| > |
| > | well did that ii short the name down to just d or d:
| > | games not thing help and i got 5 game from
| > | microsoft that give me the same problem load in
| > | drive c, but not what i want
| > | can in the parttion f of the 120 gb drive but not in
| > | drive d or e
| > | which ifind every strange
| > |

Zaphod

afbosch said:
ok try what you said, but had try before i re formay and reoatition it work
that way
i create d:\program file\microsoft games\mechcommander 2\ trash files
folder, put all the folder in sub folder etc
i can read them and open them there so i now that work all was did that
way, additional info i download all xp and 98 window update and save them
to drive E , which i rename window update foe now

Why are you running Windows 98 updates..Do you have both OSs on this
box...Are the new drive patritions formatted with XP?

afbosch

((( Why are you running Windows 98 updates..Do you have both OSs on this
box...Are the new drive patritions formatted with XP?)))

not runing window 98 update
i save for a pla as i got high spped and he does not so i burn to cd