can i change my screen resolution to 640x 480

i am buying a new monitor and it only works at 640 x 480 and the windows xp
will only go down to 800 x 600 could you help me

Jim Macklin

A monitor that only works at 640x480? Are you sure? What
make and model is this 20 year old turkey?

Any 15 or 17 inch monitor made in the past several years
should run 800x600 and 1024x768 at 85 Hz or faster.

"phil1234567890" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
|i am buying a new monitor and it only works at 640 x 480
and the windows xp
| will only go down to 800 x 600 could you help me

Jim Macklin

If so, maybe it comes with special drivers. Still, why buy
something that isn't compatible?

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Could be a LCD. I saw a 640x480 yesterday in a catalogue. It
was a 7" screen.

...D.

i am buying a new monitor and it only works at 640 x 480 and the windows xp
will only go down to 800 x 600 could you help me

Do not buy a monitor that cannot do at LEAST 1024 x 758, & that'd be a
laptop.. Should do even better than 1024 x 768... Also dot pitch is
important - the smaller the better - .24 dp is pretty darned good. If it
says .25 dp, OK. Less than that, like .28 dp, is rotten.
...D.

Bigguy

Yes you can

Display Properties/Settings/Advanced/Adapter/List all Modes.... selesct
640x480... OK

Guy