Bulldog broadband

Reaction score
This may not be the place for this thread but couldn't find a more relevant topic. I wanted, by way of review to share my experiences with bulldog broadband. The line itself is fine, occasionally lose connection but that equates to once a month or so. My critism is with their customer service. I expect to be led through an infuriating series of automated messages, thats par for the course these days, I also expect to be speaking to people whose command of english may be lets say ropey, but, what I do not expect is to passed from one operative to another in a big infuriating circle, having to redial one of two numbers every time as they seemingly have no organisation whatsoever. My call was aqbout upgrading to a 16Mb line as per their ads. Clearly they dont want the business, or as I suspect is more likely, have rushed to advertise this service when infact they are not geared up to fulfil it yet. The one operative I did speak to who had even the smallest nugget of knowledge did talk about me needing a new ADSL 2 modem which they didnt have in stock yet ? FFS! I explained I already have a compatable one - so once again I was directed to call another number. I have left it now with apparently expecting a call back at some point today about this - I won't hold my breath. I have to say these days where the actual service/product doesnt really differentiate itself these compaines should look to similar campaigns to Natwest bank, and shake up thier customer service and call centers rather than cutting costs with people who dont have a clue and undoubtedly spend their working days being yelled at by furious customers. Hmm, more of a rant than a review but hopefully may serve as a warning to anyone considering bulldog. I also have experience with plusnet which is an altogether more pleasant one. Should there be further subcategories within the review section in addition to hardware?

Reaction score
The gate is open

Sometimes when upgrading to a higher spec broadband package the ISP may want you to have a better Modem, this is standard practice nowadays with some ISP's. If you unhappy with Bulldog contact them and cancel your contract with them

Reaction score
I agree

Bulldog have a very very poor customer service

I have been trying to ring them none seems to answer and when they do they keep tranfering me to different departments

it really ****es me off too!

They sent out an apology letter once from some manager
he promised that the customer service situation would improve that was a year ago
remember a promise means nothing untill its delivered
and my patience with bulldog is strongly running out

BULLDOG SORT IT OUT!!!
get your act together you have many unhappy customers!!!!

Reaction score
a result

Further to my opening rant a bulldog person did call me. She explained that the upgrade wasn't available until june but that I could for a 20 pound charge do so then, and that actually my monthly costs would go down as a result as I would be put on a more up to date conection, so got a result eventually - still, doesnt detract from the fact their customer service is appauling.

Reaction score
LOL reminds me of another service beginning with the letter N

Apparently they have improved a little now though ;)

Apparently!!

Reaction score
dont bank on it TriplexDread :)

these companies dont care about customers all they care about is their WEALTH!

Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
LOL reminds me of another service beginning with the letter N

Apparently they have improved a little now though ;)

Apparently!!
Oh go on give us a clue?
Oh you mean that company that has a T & L in their name as well, no their still crap:rolleyes:

Reaction score
i have been with bulldog for 9 months and am still waiting for a bill. after checking their site i found out that my current ballance is over £300, but still no sign of any request for payment. it is starting to P**s me off

Reaction score
I would check your address is correct and if it is you need to contact them

Or they will eventually send you a bill for the full amount.

At present you can make them an offer and have the money split into monthly payments due to the mistake being theirs. However if it continues with you knowing full well about the circumstance then you will be held accountable.

Of course i'm not a solicitor so the above information is just hearsay on my behalf ;)

Reaction score
bullldog suck!!

really am not happy with their customer service
u got more chance of seeing a pig fly than get through to them

i gurantee u if your not a new customer u will waste 20-30 mins of your time WAITING to get through to them
and u will only need to talk for 3 mins max!
its really shocking
really is

Reaction score
since last thread i have offered to make payments, but was told if i take that route they would restrict me to incomming calls only That's a load of B******S

Reaction score
received a letter from them this morning stating that they are no longer able to take on any more new customers,, instead of thinking about future customers what about the ones they have already

Reaction score
ringo2003 said:
received a letter from them this morning stating that they are no longer able to take on any more new customers,, instead of thinking about future customers what about the ones they have already

yer what they are doing from the 1st July is not to take on RESIDENTAL customers
instead they are going to be dedicated to big bussiness and the big boys

if u are already a residential customer it will NOT AFFECT you
its only for NEW residential customers as of July 1st they wont be able to get Bulldog!!!!

I think its a stupid decision and that they will lose out in the long run,
they have got it complety wrong not the first time either!

well GOOD RIDDENCE to be honest, residential customers dont deserve the poor services offered by Bulldog so its for the best in my view!!!

not impressed by them
going to cancel soon.

always like to have a moan!!

will look towards BT!!! wtf didnt i consider them before!!???

Reaction score
I'm glad I read this as I was thinking of giving bulldog a go Will have to look else where now , I've been with ntl for 4 years now they're :~
customer services ... suck
email service... flaky at best
tech help.... a total waste of time
other than that internet service not to bad but......... to (e-mail address removed) expensive!!! any suggestions

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It be a strange World ... I have no complaints with BT, but I would go back to NTL as soon as they put Cable in my street.
nod.gif

:D

Reaction score
bellator said:
I'm glad I read this as I was thinking of giving bulldog a go Will have to look else where now , I've been with ntl for 4 years now they're :~
customer services ... suck
email service... flaky at best
tech help.... a total waste of time
other than that internet service not to bad but......... to d@mn expensive!!! any suggestions

I agree they are expensive compared to most others

SxD

Reaction score
I know someone who used to work for Bulldog and most of what is above about their customer service rings true as far as I can tell from talking to him. Its really a case of no one caring and not getting paid enough to live in London. He got the Bulldog broadband service and the connection broke every 15mins or so. Is this Irony? no probably not but is quite funny and he had to pay the full amount for the service

Reaction score
leave them
I am going to
they are and were crap!

too high prices
bad customer service

time to join someone else :)

Reaction score
left them

welcome to sky broadband

£5 a month
very happy