Alternatives to bulldog broadband

Reaction score
Hi,
Friend of mine is being mucked about bill wise by bulldog and is looking at alternatives, so:
- Has anyone had similar issues with bulldog, did you manamge to resolve them?
- Who would you suggest as an 8meg provider alternative, if possible with an inclusive phone deal? I have used plus.net before and was quite impressed with service - any others?

Help appreciated!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
try Zen, Eclipse, or Pipex they all seem to be decent

search the forum for bulldog i think someone was having some trouble witht them, also check adslguide.org

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Plus.net are good - are who i am with. I reccomend them...

im in the process of moving to them (should be done friday) as i cant get any of the above

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
NTL Broadband with there 10 meg package....probably can't beat it

Reaction score
ntl is cable which is good.

ntl is ntl though, which is bad.

i still have a 4 year old broadband service from them. 512kb connection, £25 p/m. Unlimited though.

looking to change sometime to a cheaper, faster service. This is an extremely reliable service though, ive only had trouble twice in 4 years.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Potguy you would be well advised to stay with Ntl as they are upgrading everyone to 10 meg by the end of this year...

The people on 3 meg connections have already been done and they are working there way round the 2 meg connections at the moment, with the 1 meg and 512's within the next six months, at no extra charge to the people who already have there broadband with them.....:D

So hang on in there dude you gone be flying soon.....:eek:

Last edited:
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
i still have a 4 year old broadband service from them. 512kb connection, £25 p/m. Unlimited though.

I pay £19.99 with plusnet for a 2mb unlimited connection on a business contention... Its their Premier service as opposed to their home one... No problems :)

Reaction score
crazylegs are you sure that includes me? because if it does, im very happy indeed...

will they downgrade my price do you think? because i am paying the rate for broadband of 4 years ago.

there isn't a mention of it on their website either

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
PotGuy said:
crazylegs are you sure that includes me? because if it does, im very happy indeed...

will they downgrade my price do you think? because i am paying the rate for broadband of 4 years ago.

there isn't a mention of it on their website either
You really want to read more ...

Welcome to the ntl Customer Zone - enabling you to find out about ntl's great new offers for existing customers and then order them online.
Broadband 512K

for just £14.99 per month

*Available to existing ntl customers only

http://www.ntl.com/

Oh, and you can get 1Mb for £7.99 ... :)

Give me NTL anyday ... PLEASE :D

Reaction score
A 1gb usage allowance?!?

i once downloaded 5gb of hl2 preview files in 2004 in one evening...

it says nothing about a big leap to 2mb though :(

Reaction score
Plenty of ISP's to use

I use Virgin.net:thumb: , I pay £17.99 a month for 2MB Speed & 6GB Download, and I’m on 1 month's notice, so no long contract to get out of at any stage. Not the cheapest package, but I have never had a problem, set up is so easy you just put in the drivers cd and follow the instructions, that simple.

But with the market so overloaded there are bargains out there to be had, but check what contract period you have to sign up to.

Ask a Question