BSOD; System Service Expectation and others!

Reaction score
Hello to all!

So I have recently bought a new gaming PC in Aug 09, and for the past 3 months I have been getting BSOD errors. I have re-formated and cleaninstalled windows 7(64bit) twice and updated all my drivers with no avail, I still would get random BSOD, but only when I would play games (Go figure, gaming comp not being able to run WoW?)
These were just some of the Errors;
Page Fault in non-page area
IRQL not less or equal
Driver IRQL not less or equal
Bad Pool Header.

So after many emails back and forth with the people I bought my comp from they said to clean-install vista (what it came with) and update all my drivers and such, and I did.. After about 3 hours of getting it back up and running with the same settings and software as it did when I bought it, I now get the following error less then 2 minutes of playing WoW.
System Service Error.

Could anyone give me any advice how to stop these errors? And also if anyone knows if they are to do with hardware, software or drivers.

I would be SO very thankful for any information you could supply.

~Beth

Reaction score
Hi

Could you let us know the specs of the system please.

I suggest that you go ahead and run some tests on the memory and see if that is at fault here as you have reinstalled windows and tried different drivers.

I have linked to a memory testing tool below, just download ISO Recorder from the link below

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

Then download the memory testing tool:

http://www.memtest86.com/ Select the ISO file and burn it to a disk using ISO Recorder. Then restart your pc and boot from the CD and let the tests run for a period of 2-4 hours and see if any erros are flagged up.

Let us know how you get on.

Reaction score
DDR3gaming DDR3 GAMING SYSTEM
Case Zonix Case with Heavy Duty 650w PSU
Motherboard Gigabyte P45T-UD3LR Intel Chipset
Sound Card Integrated 7.1 High Definition Audio

Processor (CPU) Intel Core 2 QUAD Q9400 2.6Ghz
Graphics Card Geforce nVidia 9600GT 512Mb
DVD/CD Burner LG/PIONEER 20 Speed SATA DUAL LAYER
Hard Disk Drive WD/Seagate 500Gig Hard Drive
RAM (memory) 8 Gigabytes 1333Mhz DDR3 (64Bit OS only)
Card Reader All in One card Reader for your Digital Camera
Operating System Vista Premium 64 Bit with Windows 7 Upgrade

I will run the memory test tomorrow, as I am about to go to bed, thankyou for the links and the help though :3

Reaction score
Did you contact the makers of this PC at all?

Also giving us the BOSD code might just help aswell :)

You first fault could well suggest a video ram or main memory error or indeed anything that uses volatile memory including the L2 cache within the CPU

Try this for your hard drive just in case

start > run chkdsk /f /r

then try memtest86 easily found on the net

Those commands are for XP not sure if they will work on vista

Last edited:

Ask a Question