Blown Graphics card

Reaction score
Hi all,:wave:

I've just blown my graphics card which was a gforce FX5200 PCI.

It sits in my e machines (don't laugh) intel celeron 2.5ghz,, 1278mb RAM machine.

So now I have a problem. The motherboard only has 4 PCI slots and no AGP slots so its got to be time to kick the mother out. I want to use my existing processor but in a new motherboard and with a new graphics card.

Your recommendations please gentlemen! I'm on a tight budget (arn't we all) but could probably stretch to £150 tops for both. I know I will have to do a full reinstall of XP ect...... I am a fairly compotent computer user and can find my way around the inards without too much trouble.

Thank you to anyone who replys.

:)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
e machine? dell?
problems.
dell uses out of spec components, which they claim that are better than others. So for the most part this means that they wont work in any other that the computer which it is installed in.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What sort of games do you want to play? You could spend the entire £150 on a motherboard and decent card, but if you are happy with something only a little bit better than your old FX5200 you can probably get a PCI card quite cheap (like the 6200) :)

Reaction score
The only type of game I play is simcity and the sims which played ok on the 5200. It's more to do with compatibility than anything else but if I could get away with just getting a PCI card then what would you recommend?

Reaction score
Well obviously there are only a handful to choose from really but I would agree something along the 6200 route would do the job.

Ask a Question