Blow Me or how to save loads of loot !!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Now this took a lot of research and brain power to get just right so pay attention to the tale.

A mate had a similar contraption in his garage to take with him on emergency call outs and that was where I got the idea from. Well that and being a tyke and careful with me loot.So I decided to get me one as it looked a neat idea, but how, that was the question.
I was considering the puzzle whilst at the local bookies, a very good place to expand the grey cell.A mate seeing that I looked absorbed asked me what was the problem. i looked at him and a huge smile spread across me face as I realised he was the answer to part one of the problem, well actually he was the answer full stop, but I'm getting ahead of meself.
You see he worked for a fire alarm company. Could he get me a empty fire extinguisher, of course he could and for nada too. Great.
Now where to get the extra bits from to complete the mod. What bits he said. Well I need to fill it with air and I need a way to regulate the expulsion of air and I need to make sure that the FE is clean inside, an , an ,an. Leave it to me me mate said tapping the side on his nose, now what do you fancy for the 4 o'clock.
So a few days latter I calls back at the bookies and the counter girl,luverly lass, calls me over an says this was left for you and hands me me new toy.Just at that moment me mate walks in, see you got the toy then what do you think, will it do, you can pressurise it to 800 psi you know.
Fab I said is it metric? pointing to the connector.Metric I think he says but why do you need to know that? You know for the thingys and whatsits I say. He laughed, it already has one, see, pointing at it.
Double fab I said.
Enjoy he replied, now what do you fancy for the 4 o'clock.

An that is how me latest mod came about. Self contained with its own valve and trigger mechanism. Neat.

In part two I'll be doing some very delicate painting with midnight Blue Hammerite so that it matches me filling cabinets in me desk, so watch out for that thrilling episode.

Oh yeah, What is it ! I hear you cry.

It is a green alternative to those expensive compressed air cans you pay through the nose for. Might not fit in your pocket but it has a handy hook on it so you can hang it on a wall to keep it out of the way.

Works a treat. :dance:

uH5Bm.jpg

LOLg4.jpg

You can clearly see the intake valve in this pic. :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Those two statements seem to be exact opposites. Well, they do to me. :)

That's precisely what I thought, lol, the two statements are contradictory, almost an oxymoron :D

My old man liked to bet on the horses, all his life. He never gambled big and swore it was a great deal of enjoyment for him but I do wonder how much money the bookies made from him during his lifetime.

The interest wasn't inherited though for I have never ever had the first faintest interest in gambling, apart from maybe a game of cards at Christmas and the occasional lottery ticket.

As for the pressurised fire extinguisher - brilliant idea, well done :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
That's precisely what I thought, lol, the two statements are contradictory, almost an oxymoron :D

I'll have you know all the oxs I eat are very inteligent :drool:

As for the pressurised fire extinguisher - brilliant idea, well done :thumb:

Ta.

Steel cased ones are best. I could have had one of the steel small ones, about a third the size, but decided it would be too small, handier to travel with though.
Steel ones should all be fine up to 800 psi though if you put in 150 psi it would be safe and pretty mind blowing. I only put in 85 psi an it were impressive.
The entire top should screw of which is probably the hardest part and it would need a good wash out and thorough dry.Ordinary gargage type compressed power tool hose fittings should fit if you need to make changes to the hose etc. Me mate has no inlet valve so has a female quick release screwed into the fire extinguisher and one hose with a inlet valve and one hose with a air trigger. The trigger is neat as it is a much smaller bore than the original and this makes the air last longer. I might look into costing up a conversion for mine.

:)

Ask a Question