Bargain BioShock - £1.49 (Today Only)

Reaction score
Thanks Ian for the info I am downloading BioShock as I type. I thought this was a bargain and I have never used the PC to play games (as a silver surfer) I thought I would give it a try. Will I need a games controler to go into the USB?:D

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Age of empires 3 for 10p !

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-GB/Games/AgeofEmpiresIII/ (today only)

Edit: I had some xbox points left on my account from my xbox 360 and its let me spend them to get bioshock! I'm definatly keeping an eye on this site, some excellent bargains! Your going to make me poor Ian with all ya bargain hunting!

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
bootneck02 said:
Will I need a games controler to go into the USB?:D

No, you won't.

Don't bother buying a gamepad as the mouse & keyboard combo is a much better combo for control.

If you've only ever used a gamepad before it may take you a little while to get used to the mouse and keyboard but believe me, once mastered, you'll have so much more precise control than a gamepad can offer.

As for Bioshock, one of the bestest games ever, nice quirky scenario and if it's your first PC game an ideal start cos you can't really die, you get regenerated back at a spawn point in a glass cylinder.

Those little sisters will look after you ;)

PS: If ever you do want a gamepad for computer games - and it is best for some, racing games for instance - my first choice would be the Xbox wired gamepad followed by the Logitech wireless gamepad, they're both very good.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems downloading the games you bought?

I bought bioshock and aoe3, bioshock says 100% downloaded but i cant find any sign of it anywhere and have no idea how to install/play and age of empires stoped at around 60% and wouldnt download anymore. I thought maybe a problem with my internet but i downloaded a few apps from download.com fine and done some net speedtests and my internet seems fine!

I've been googling to try and find answers but found nothing yet

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Anyone else having problems downloading the games you bought?

I bought bioshock and aoe3, bioshock says 100% downloaded but i cant find any sign of it anywhere and have no idea how to install/play and age of empires stoped at around 60% and wouldnt download anymore. I thought maybe a problem with my internet but i downloaded a few apps from download.com fine and done some net speedtests and my internet seems fine!

I've been googling to try and find answers but found nothing yet

Do you have the Steam client loaded? You need that to play any Steam games.

If not, search the Steam site, download, install.

It should find your downloads but I figure there's a slight chance you may have to download them again.

If you do have the Steam client installed, your games should show in 'Library'.

And finally, if Steam installed, games no show - I don't have a clue :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Its not a steam game so i dont think it needs steam, though i do have an up to date version of steam up and running, i think it was my fault, i changed my catalyst drivers fron 10.11 back to 10.10 while downloading and restart me comp. i deleted the files of the game that were already downloaded and started again and it seems fine now! Touchy computers :p (not an idiot user ;))

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
Its not a steam game so i dont think it needs steam, though i do have an up to date version of steam up and running, i think it was my fault, i changed my catalyst drivers fron 10.11 back to 10.10 while downloading and restart me comp. i deleted the files of the game that were already downloaded and started again and it seems fine now! Touchy computers :p (not an idiot user ;))

Ah ha the old PICNIC problem then
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:

You done what? :eek:

:lol:

Sorry :blush:

Ask a Question