Bioshock Infinite - problem with jerky movement

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've never played any of the Bioshock games so I thought I'd give Bioshock Infinite a try on my PC.

The first problem I had was that I couldn't get the mouse sensitivity right - it was either too fast or too slow, with nothing in between. I settled on too fast. Not a major issue, just something to get used to.

Secondly the movement is really jerky, with a lot of screen tearing - it's not smooth at all. I thought it was perhaps my graphics card (I have a GTX 560) so Ian had a go on his PC (he has a 960) and it was no better. This isn't exactly a new game, so I'd be surprised if it needed a better card than the 960... I tried to persist but it ended up making me feel really ill :rolleyes:

Anyone else encountered this problem? Any way around it or is this just how the game is?!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had no problems with Bioshock Infinite, I was running it on a 1st generation i7 with either a 560 or 660 video card. Haven't a clue why it's running bad for you and Ian.

Incidentally, whilst Bioshock Infinite is good (I bought all the DLC as well) in my opinion the first two Bioshocks are much better, they both have a really quirky spirit and are/were quite original.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It strikes me as the kind of game that I would really like, so it's frustrating that I can't play it. I hope I do get to play them... shame we don't have a PS3 anymore or I could have picked them all up for very little second hand.

Just seen @V_R's topic about the remastered Bioshock collection, I guess that buying the PS4 version would solve the problem, but I don't fancy shelling out £40 for a bunch of games I should already be able to play...

Grrr :wall:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Any use to you?

http://www.geek.com/games/every-fix...shock-infinite-run-infinitely-better-1544260/

:)

EDIT:

Apparently aim assist is on by default too!

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/BioShock_Infinite#Disable_aim_assist

This fix affects user options configurations, if you need to make a config in game do it before try this.
  1. Edit XGame/Config/XUserOptions.ini in the configuration files location.
  2. Change bAimAssist and DefaultbAimAssist to false
  3. Save your changes and make XUserOptions.ini read only.

Last edited:

Ask a Question