Best Way to Reduce Digital Photo Size?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Okay - I've just downloaded all my Ibiza pics to the PC and they are all around 1mb each in size at 1600 x 1200.

I assume these will be too big for posting over here in a thread or the Gallery, so being a total noob at this what is the best website size for them, and is there some nice free easy-to-use software out there to help me do it?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
One thing you did miss was the automatic re-size feature of the gallery ;) I don't know if it can handle ones that big, but give it a go! :D

I have a vague recollection that Picasa from google (free) was good at this, but I'm just passing on some 2nd hand info here so I can't be too sure (perhaps someone can confirm?). :) I use Macromedia Fireworks myself, but its a bit of a pain because I have to do it one by one.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
One thing you did miss was the automatic re-size feature of the gallery ;) I don't know if it can handle ones that big, but give it a go! :D
Ah - wondered why they were all around 600 x 450 - thought it was just co-incidence :D

I will give it a go shortly :thumb:

itsme said:
I use a scissors. Sorry Ady could not resist it
laughingsmiley.gif
;)
I would have been disappointed if you hadn't itsme :p

Reaction score
:thumb: ;) Hope you really enjoyed your hols matey:wave: good to have you back on track:D Now were did I put that camera:)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Thanks itsme - just posted the first few pics in the Gallery, hope you like them :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
V_R said:
Irfanview is by far the easiest to use. :thumb:

Hope i aint too late! :D
Nope - the forums auto re-size feature seemed to work a treat, but I will get Irfanview so I can email a few to friends/family :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah i see that, just click on them to make 'em full size. :)

Cool photos by the way mate, looks like a nice place. :thumb:

Ask a Question