BB Speed Software

Reaction score
My mind has gone blank!
Apart from NetMeter is their any other free software that will tell me what speed my Broadband connection is running at?

Cheers in advance.:thumb:

Reaction score
Main thing to note about spped checks etc is that you should remove all your systems from your router so the the trhoughput isn't divided amongst the systems. The others may not seem to be generating traffic but they are.... all those pesky background services.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Without starting a new thread...thanks Simon :) , is my Virgin broadband "crap" solely because of distance from exchange and copper wire or is it more sinister, am going to migrate but will the new isp be just as bad at a 2mb service..

Reaction score
Rush said:
Without starting a new thread...thanks Simon :) , is my Virgin broadband "crap" solely because of distance from exchange and copper wire or is it more sinister, am going to migrate but will the new isp be just as bad at a 2mb service..

No your BB is not crapt because of the distance(although that don't help) your BB could be crap in the fact since Virgin took over Blueyonder they have done feck all to improve it..The software and programs that are still in some areas used for Virgin BB..Sorry to say but any tw*t could actualy write...Here's my theory, feck all this cheap shite, go for either B fricking T or O2...End fricking of..Well thats if its in your area..Bottom line..End of the day no matter how you look at it, unless you are going for cable inadvertently you wil still be paying for a BT line rental..And is BT not proven..? Don't answer that cause you know you'll agree..Rant over, stop trying to skimp.....Sorry guys, me on a mad one again today...

P.S If anybody is wondering why I am using black text instead of the normal blue that I do..I had laser surgery on Friday mainly to sort Glaucoma, but it has made a major difference with my color blindness..So fingers crossed no more big bold blue writing..Woooo fecking Hoooo

Last edited:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
LoL..thank you m8..you are a volatile superstar :)

Virgin sucks and am going to migrate to pastures new..BT will be my new phone provider and they then open up massive options for BB and TV .I am swaying maybe to Sky as i want Discovery channel for the TV but for BB i don`t know :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rush said:
LoL..thank you m8..you are a volatile superstar :)

Virgin sucks and am going to migrate to pastures new..BT will be my new phone provider and they then open up massive options for BB and TV .I am swaying maybe to Sky as i want Discovery channel for the TV but for BB i don`t know :)

Sky is erm okish, and getting better..I think in the next year Sky is going to be major, they certainly have the money to tussle with BT..Oh by the way I have BT and O2 comng through different lines, but you get discovery on BT Vision, oh and if you spend £5 quid on a diggy box(freeview) you get it to...lol sorry mate..Couldn't resist..

Reaction score
SKY BB is doing one thing we never got with Virgin?
We can surf at anytime & get an average of 3.9Mbps.
Seems since changing our phone also to Sky a whole new experience has started.
Yes we can surf all day long & can download up to 40GB.
We are happy customers.:D
nod.gif

Ask a Question