Backup Software Testing

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm currently running a trial of a new server database backup solution that is supposed to work without taking the site offline. It is running at the moment to give it a test while the site is active.

If there is any slowness then this is why, but I'm hoping it will work great :D It seems good so far.

The current backup solution works, but isn't without its problems.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Am i the only one finding the site slowing down randomly? I am at work at the mo and it usually zips along.

Its not major though. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I think it is - The backup looks 60% complete so it may be like this for another 40 mins. If it works, I'll schedule it to run on a sunday morning (4AM ish).

Does it seem really slow, or just sluggish at your end?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Bit random tbh, clicking on this thread took quite a while to load, yet the reply button was instant as it usually is. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If the backup works as well as I hope it will be done at a much quieter time in future, it's not supposed to slow it down much but it does have to lock some database tables sometimes I guess. The unique thing about this backup software is that it still lets you modify the database (i.e. making posts) when it is underway - it takes much longer to do but it should keep the site running properly when backing up.

Reaction score
And i thought it was my pc playing up:nod:
Glad it's not, only took my pc apart yesterday:D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ah ha ... I knew it. :rolleyes:

:p :D

Hey! if it is that good, why not test in the real-world. :thumb:

It is running like a two-step ... quick, quick, slow, slow ... as long as it ain't got two left feet. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
Its been a bit like my horses run > Clip Clop Clip [they have three legs]:D

Ask a Question