B.H.A. Gold 5 (cd burner software) Problems

G

I made the mistake of thinking I could make this software work, after all I love a challenge.

After a little over a week, I couldn't stand it any longer. I removed the Sony cd burner and returned it for something better, that actually works. The only problem I face is removing the blasted software from my computer! When I try to uninstall it, it goes through the motions as if it's working, then a box pops up and says, "Maintenance Complete"
I've removed the files one by one in search, but it's still on my computer, like a dying leech that won't fall off and die already. I've contacted the company for support, no reply yet
My next move would be into the registry to edit and remove the key/keys for the software. I've read lots of horror stories on these boards about messing with your registry, but I'm bordering on desperate, to get rid of this (software) once and for all
Anyone have some advice for me?

Thanks,
Ja

p.s. Anyone out there thinking of buying a new cd burner, make sure you check what software comes with it. The B.H.A. software that came with the Sony cd burner was the crappiest software I ever experienced. A very unfriendly user interface and poor support (unless you enjoy looking for a needle in a haystack...), and is not easy to use

The moral of my story is: Just because you buy a reputable brand, it doesn't mean that the software that is bundled with it is going to be reputable.

G

<<<<<The only problem I face is removing the blasted software from my computer! >>>>

(Removing the B.H.A. Gold 5 software)

Ask a Question