Any freeware ebay tools/browsers

John Latter

Hiya,

Any recommended freeware ebay browsers and tools?

I'm only just starting but two feature I would like are:

1) Search ONLY in these categories
2) Search everywhere EXCEPT these categories

I'll probably think of something else two milliseconds after I click
on "Post Now" 'sigh'

Cor - just about to click and I already thought of something else!! -
would like to search for misspelled words too.

Thanks! :)

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

John Latter

Hiya,

Any recommended freeware ebay browsers and tools?

I'm only just starting but two feature I would like are:

1) Search ONLY in these categories
2) Search everywhere EXCEPT these categories

I'll probably think of something else two milliseconds after I click
on "Post Now" 'sigh'

Cor - just about to click and I already thought of something else!! -
would like to search for misspelled words too.

Thanks! :)

oi you lot - if you don't start talking to me soon then I'm gonna sulk

then see how you feel!

:)

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

Susan Bugher

John said:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 06:27:04 +0100, John Latter
oi you lot - if you don't start talking to me soon then I'm gonna sulk

Can't have that. ;)

The experts save searches (lots of searches) and reuse them. You will of course have to misspell
words yourself in order to search for them (words can be misspelled in an infinite number of ways).
.. . it is one way to find sleepers (bargains). . . The experts use multiple identities to prevent
others from tracking the items they're interested in - and attempt to track other experts to see
what they have found. . . It's a complicated game. . .

Some eBay search info if you haven't already found these links. . .

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofindtype=13

Search commands
http://pages.ebay.com/help/find/search_commands.html?fromFeature=Advanced Search

My Favorite Searches
http://pages.ebay.com/help/find/search_favorites.html?fromFeature=Advanced Search

Webware that might be useful for saving searches/bidding;

AuctionStealer
http://auctionstealer.com/
Track and bid on eBay auctions. FREE customers may place up to 15 snipes per month. Schedule your
bid at your convenience and AuctionStealer places it with seconds to go; leaving you free to go
about your business without worrying about when to bid next.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
Webware that might be useful for saving searches/bidding;

AuctionStealer
http://auctionstealer.com/
Track and bid on eBay auctions. FREE customers may place up to 15 snipes
per month. Schedule your bid at your convenience and AuctionStealer
places it with seconds to go; leaving you free to go about your business
without worrying about when to bid next.

Forgot to mention this app (a tracker/sniper):

Program: JBidwatcher
Author: Morgan Schweers
Ware: (Donationware) (open source: GNU GPL)
http://www.jbidwatcher.com

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Ed

John said:
Hiya,

Any recommended freeware ebay browsers and tools?

I'm only just starting but two feature I would like are:

1) Search ONLY in these categories
2) Search everywhere EXCEPT these categories

I'll probably think of something else two milliseconds after I click
on "Post Now" 'sigh'

Cor - just about to click and I already thought of something else!! -
would like to search for misspelled words too.

Try AuctionSieve. I've used it and like it.

You can find it, and several other auction tools on:

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/misctools/fwauction.html

Hammersnipe is good for sniping bids so you don't have to sit and watch
an item like a hawk with no guaranty that you'll win the bid.

I was able to win two items using Hammersnipe.

Ed

[...]

Wow - thankyou very much Susan! I didn't realize there was that much
to it & I certainly didn't realize people could track each other (& I
do like looking for sleepers)

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

John Latter

John Latter

Try AuctionSieve. I've used it and like it.

You can find it, and several other auction tools on:

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/misctools/fwauction.html

Hammersnipe is good for sniping bids so you don't have to sit and watch
an item like a hawk with no guaranty that you'll win the bid.

I was able to win two items using Hammersnipe.

Ed

Thanks Ed :)

--

John said:
Wow - thankyou very much Susan! I didn't realize there was that much
to it & I certainly didn't realize people could track each other (& I
do like looking for sleepers)

I don't know much about it but I gather many things are possible if you know how.

You might want to check out the eBay forums if you have time:

http://hub.ebay.com/community

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Latter

You are quite welcome. From the responses you got, you shouldn't have
any trouble other than deciding which software to use. :)

Ed

You're right Ed :)

Dunno what I would do without the help I get in this & some of the
other newsgroups!

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

John Latter

I don't know much about it but I gather many things are possible if you know how.

You might want to check out the eBay forums if you have time:

http://hub.ebay.com/community

Susan

Thanks Susan - I have an hour here, an hour there, but I'll check 'em
all out in the end!