Another guy who "cannot run defrag"

Derangeable

I'm running xp home in an HP pavillion s7210n.
In the past, I have ALWAYS be able to run defrag on C drive.
I now get that ubiquitous message,
"Chkdsk is scheduled to run on volume C, etc".
I have gone through many many processes and attemptes to disable chkdsk
and cannot find where to do that so that I can run defrag.
This has been occuring for approx 1 & 1/2 months.
I run all the spy stuff and adware AND norton scan.

I have cleaned out my temps over & over again and, still no defrag.
When my pc reboots, it shows two windows with the following messages:

LoadLibrary("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\shqpebst.dll") failed specified module could not be found

The second window behind it says the same thing with ryfulwbq.dll
could not be found

Do these have something to do with my cannot defrag problem?
I have changed the "reboot' entry in the registry to autocheck autochk*
as advised elsewhere.

I've read some of the posts in which some posters have been called
idiots, etc and, as long as someone can help me correct this problem, I
don't care who calls me what.
Just help me if you can.

Thanks.

Jose

[...]

Those are some of the most screwed up DLL names I have seen in a
while. I think they are bogus. Have you checked to see if those
files even exist on your system?

Download Malwarebytes free software, install it, update it and do a
full scan. Mr. Norton may have missed something.

Please report back what happens.

Jose

db ´¯`·.. >

files are recorded in
the master file table.

so if a file is not found,
then it is likely due to the
mft.

the mft can be reconciled
with the file system via the
chkdsk utility.

until the check disk is ran,
it is highly probable that
any files you create with
an unstable mft will be
corrupted.

what you need to do is
to boot up with a win
cd and access the repair/
recovery console.

then at the disk prompt
run chkdsk /p.

then exit and reboot.

--

db·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

Leythos

Your issue is a prime example of why good registry cleaners are needed.
Don't listen to the others who say registry cleaners are "snake oil". To fix
your issue automatically, download CCleaner from here
http://www.ccleaner.com/ install it and when you run it select the registry
icon on the left to clean your registry. Let it fix all but choose to backup
when prompted. Your 1st problem should then be fixed. Next try a free 3rd
party defrag utility like
http://download.cnet.com/Auslogics-...795.html?part=dl-Auslogics&subj=dl&tag=button
see if hat will work.

your time.

Leonard Grey

Here is yet another example of Patrick (Christopher Butts) trying to
impersonate someone. This time, he's trying to impersonate Leythos. Only
he's doing a pretty lousy job of it, seeing as he identifies himself as
pcbutts1 in his sig.

And do you suppose that Leythos would tell people "not to follow any
advice given by...Leythos"?

Leythos

Leonard Grey is a troll who cannot fix your system. He is jealous of the
fact that I can. He can't prove what he says about me and my software
because it is not true. The guy is an idiot. If you tell him the sky is
purple he will believe it because he is too stupid to look up and see it for
himself.

your time.

Jose

[...]

....And if Malwarebytes turns up anything and then those message go
away, I wish you could put up the relevant part of the MBAM log file
(you have to choose to save it) showing the problem. I am making a
list.

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Subject: Re: Another guy who "cannot run defrag"
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 18:49:25 -0700

Your issue is a prime example of why good registry cleaners are needed.
Don't listen to the others who say registry cleaners are "snake oil". To fix
your issue automatically, download CCleaner from here
http://www.ccleaner.com/ install it and when you run it select the registry
icon on the left to clean your registry. Let it fix all but choose to backup
when prompted. Your 1st problem should then be fixed. Next try a free 3rd
party defrag utility like
http://download.cnet.com/Auslogics-...795.html?part=dl-Auslogics&subj=dl&tag=button
see if hat will work.

your time.

Abuse reported for flooding groups

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 20:17:18 -0700

Leonard Grey is a troll who cannot fix your system. He is jealous of the
fact that I can. He can't prove what he says about me and my software
because it is not true. The guy is an idiot. If you tell him the sky is
purple he will believe it because he is too stupid to look up and see it for
himself.

your time.

Again, abuse reported to prodigy for flooding and spamming.

Derangeable

Jose;3294433 said:
On May 12, 7:48*pm, Derangeable (e-mail address removed)
wrote:-
[...]

Here is the log file after the scan:

"Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 2121
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

5/13/2009 7:17:16 AM
mbam-log-2009-05-13 (07-17-16).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 102948
Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)"

I haven't yet tried to reboot and/or defrag and will later today.
Thanks for the tip.

Jose

Jose;3294433 Wrote:

Here is the log file after the scan:

"Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 2121
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

5/13/2009 7:17:16 AM
mbam-log-2009-05-13 (07-17-16).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 102948
Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)"

I haven't yet tried to reboot and/or defrag and will later today.
Thanks for the tip.

Wasn't that easy?

You have errors so if your problem still exists, we can track them
down.

Only 17+ minutes! Mine takes about 2 hours.

I don't have a MBAM logs with errors in it, so I can't go further
until we hear back from you... If we need to track them down, we
can. You should try to get MBAM to run will zero errors.

Your log seems to be missing the bottom part. There is a logs tab
where you can look at a log file from each run.

Does your log also contain more stuff like:

Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Infected: <- do you have anything here
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected: <- do you have anything here
(No malicious items detected)

Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Derangeable

Jose;3294477 said:
On May 13, 8:31*am, Derangeable (e-mail address removed)
wrote:-

-
wrote:-
[...]

I copied this from the log file:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.36
Database version: 2121
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

5/13/2009 7:17:16 AM
mbam-log-2009-05-13 (07-17-16).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 102948
Time elapsed: 17 minute(s), 47 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 2
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\xflock (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and
deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SecMediaOnline (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and
deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\PerfInfo (Rogue.WinPerformance) -> Quarantined and deleted
successfully.

Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Rudy

Abuse reported for flooding groups

Yes, but as Dr. Phil says: "Hows that working for you" ?

Apparently they don't care.

Leythos

Careful now or he will call you a sock puppet of mine.

your time.

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Subject: Re: Another guy who "cannot run defrag" - PCBUTTS Impersonating me again
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:06:28 -0700

Careful now or he will call you a sock puppet of mine.

your time.

Abuse reported

Leythos

Yes, but as Dr. Phil says: "Hows that working for you" ?

Apparently they don't care.

Not sure, ATT/Prodigy take days to review complaints, it could be a week
or more. Since I have ticket numbers from their abuse department I just
list them all in each email. I know that others are also filing
complaints, so we'll see.

What's funny is that Chris is proving everything that's been said about
him, unethical, dishonest, impersonations, nymshifting..... He's his own
worst enemy. Oh, and he's proving that he's stalking me with each post.

Leythos

How many complaints are you going to file before you will realize that it is
not a valid complaint and nothing will be done? Are going to file a
complaint on everyone who posts with the name Leythos. You need to grow up.

I will continue to file complaints as long as the abuse continues - it's
that simple.

What you fail to understand is the damage you do to your already poor
reputation and poor image with each post Chris.

Twayne

watsa mattah, they gittin' to ya?
I assume the complaints must be resulting in the initial warnings. The
ones you get before your account gets closed down. Not so effective
anymore are you? In fact, I'd consider you completely ineffective now.
Twane`

Leythos

Yep confirmed you and Leythos the stalker are one in the same. You both are
obsessed with me. You both think everybody who defends me is me. Hey look
!!!!! I still have my account what happened to all those complaints?

your time.