Annoying Run Dll Errors

Reaction score

Please can any one help me or advise me on this very annoying error, it doesn’t seam to be affecting my pc (but then I don’t exactly know what it means) :confused:

Every time I start up my pc first thing that flashes up is a box that says:

Error in c:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\DLCFtime.dll
Missing entry:RunDLLEntry

My pc is only less than 3months old, I haven’t deleted files or anything the only thing I’ve uninstalled was google desktop as it came with pc and I didn’t want it.

I’ve tried scanning with these debugging programs but I can only scan. I’m confused about which program to go for , if any. I’ve no idea if this is a huge problem or something small or even if these debugging programs are what I need to fix it.

I would be much appreciated, if anyone could get back to me :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Something was un-installed in-correctly and a pointer has been left behind ... this is not that unusual ... however, I am quite suspicious of that file.

Is there really a space between the m & e ??

If there is, what antivirus program are you running ?

I will also need some basic information on your PC, is this a Dell ?

I do not know what you mean by "debugging" program. Can you please name them ?

I take it this is XP you are running ?

oh, Welcome to the forums ... ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
foley1 said:
So my help is not useful/right lol :p
huh ? ?

I don't know if your help is useful ... but I would not like to "restore" if this turns out to be the remains of a virus. You may end up restoring the whole virus.

I would like to know more first. ;)

Reaction score
Sorry no there isnt a space that was a big type error made by me.

ive got McAfee security centre free with this, and yes its a dell pc (well laptop) ive done a scan picked up 7 unwanted programs spyware i think but it deleted them.

I'm running Xp proffesional but it comes up windows media centre or something like that.

and the debugging was regcure supposed to help fix currupt files but i didnt know enough about the error untill now and didnt like the sound of the kind of software to be honest.

im not good with computers, i dont mind trying anything so long as i dont loose my data and my game i installed, (dont wanna go through 6 hours of installing and downloading patches :( ) i havent made any restore point on my pc but im assuming it will have done it automatically .thats if i need to restore the pc , and will i loose the things ive saved or installed?

thanks for the help so far guys, sorry i didnt give enough details and made a big type error

muckshifter

Reaction score
I'll answer both of you here ... System Restore has its uses, but not for me ... it is not a cure all, that status goes to clean re-install of the OS. :D

I don't hold much faith in MCrapFee either, however, I think you are a "victim" of Dell's crud they install ... their "helpfulness" on what they install in their system is mindboggling crap.

Do you also have a Dell printer, I now suspect this is a remnant of their drivers ... now I know that it was a typo you made with the m & e ... ;)

I just tried to download Regcure, but all I got was redirected to blank pages ... strange ?

As far as I can see Regcure should rid you of the invalid entry in the registry ... up to you as I have not "tested" it myself ... is it one of Dell's installed programs, or did you install Regcure ?

One program I can recommend is CrapCleaner ... does as it says on the tin with no adverse affects ... However, be careful on installing it as it will want to install Yahoo's toolbar, as you already have enough junk on your PC, just un-tick that particular box and carry on. :thumb:

I can also recommend This Program for any new Dell owner ... actually, it's a good program to have in any good techs toolbox. :D

Let me know how you get on ... :thumb:

Reaction score
thanks ill have a go and let you know how i get on.

i must admit yes i got a free dell printer with this lol

and i got loads of rubbish on this laptop that came with it, my first dell.

ive been to scared to uninstall any of the things i got on the pc dell wise incase things mess up but its a mess with all the dell stuff

and i couldnt get back on the net before as suddenly dell software for wireless network they set up for me decided it had run out of time and then restored its self after id done some screaming. madness

thanks for all the help :D

muckshifter

Reaction score
Dell make quite a good PC, hardware wise, at a reasonable price ... there are some I wouldn't like. ;)

But their liberal use of "trial-ware" is just too stupid for words. There are alternatives, that, will do a better job, are more reliable and more compatible with the OS ... and ... FREE

For every piece of software installed on a Dell, I can show you a better, FREE version ... even the OS. :nod: :D

The other drawback, as with others, is the lack of a "real" copy of the operating system ... that can be a real downer when trying to "fix" some simple errors.

Using there "restore" CDs just put all the crap back on also ... sad. :rolleyes:

Good luck

:user:

Reaction score
I have tried CrapCleaner very good program, cleared a lot of unwanted things from my pc. Also found and fixed a lot of registry problems I had with missing files and that. and backed up the reg before any changes were made very good.

.....but there is a but not managed to fix the annoying dll and I don’t know why it says there are no more to be fixed. Very strange.

Then I restarted the pc and what I call the blue screen of death.......

Pool problem or something I didn’t have chance to get any of the details down but windows sent me this

http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/Response.aspx/685/en-gb/5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0?SGD=2b6282e5-40ef-4a9f-921d-222d3fe8d468

Not sure if this link will work on here but ill try.

So I installed the dell driver reset tool and apparently there are no problems on my pc.:confused:

So if the worst comes to the worst system restore? It’s strange as the printer thing was ages ago yet only recently has the error been appearing. Just praying it was after the expansion pack install for my game. which must have been the 16th -20th of jan as came out on the 16th

Id leave it be if it wouldn’t affect / damage my pc but it slows the start up and shut down of my pc. But I can’t go through days and days of reinstalling my pc. Especially the game loll :wall:

Already missing valuable wow time lol, but if its the best thing over all ill have to use my restore cd.

how do i go about preventing this in the future, i had a parting on my other pc with os on one half and all my files on another so when i reinstalled the os i didnt loose my work. some one did that for me not sure if thats recommended. :(

but ive ordered an external hard drive as ive used quite alot of space on this pc using itunes and ipod, saving my game to that will that prevent having to install it all again or can that not be done like that ?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Sorry to see things getting a little awkward.

Dell, and many others, ain't that good with their software ... as I said before, with a "real" copy of your OS this is actually quite easy to fix.

An XP restore point may work, and it may not, up to you. Using the Restore CD may have an option to just restore the OS and leave your Data intact, I don't think Dell are that clever though.

You can do, what is commonly called, a "Dirty install", but that needs a real XP CD ... can you borrow one of a friend ?

Sorry CCleaner could not "fix" the broken link, I was hoping, but it isn't a very good registry cleaner a little over-cautious, hence again what I said about giving Regcure a go at it.

I'm not a gamer, though I do play a few, these I can "back-up" my saved games to a CD or USB stick ... if I ever have to reinstall, at least I don't have to start all over with the game.

Some people do insist on either a partition or a second HD ... hardware can fail too ... I don't think Dell are clever enough to get their Recovery CD to do that.

You may be looking at a re-install using their CD ... if you go that path, may I suggest you then use the "Decrapifier" I posted earlier before install your own software.

Sorry, but the ball is back in your court.

:user:

Ask a Question