AffordableMobiles.co.uk

CSB

Reaction score
I'll never use them again. I did try to post on here a few weeks ago about this, but the system times me out and I lost everything I had typed (it was nearly an essay lol). I'll give a full report on Thursday (next day off).

Until then, Laymans terms is that they kept sending me pre opened phones and have since January 2013 been promising they would refund overcharges as my network has me down as having 2 numbers for the same phone. You'll be glad I post the full story on Thursday as you may currently be looking at them thinking "I'll give them a try". I think you'll change your mind after you read my story. So everyone gather round and grab your favourite blanket and toy and listen to this true story which makes the witch in hansel and gretel look like a member of the Salvation Army.

Rob

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
As a rule of thumb if I am in the market for a new mobile phone or contract I will deal directly with the main providers, Carphone Warehouse or Phones4U
I have been stung in the past by the likes of Affordablemobiles.co.uk

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Got my S4 off Amazon, no troubles at all. :)

CSB

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Carphone Warehouse is another I've never liked the look off, but never bought from them.

Amazon is generally a safe bet on most occasions as you know they are most likely to sort any problems out. I've got a Note 2 at mo and a work colleague has an S4 and they look good so I'm sure your really pleased with it VR. The eye scrolling thing is meant to be coming to the Note 2 too I believe, after a firmware update. Well thats what I've heard. Do you find it any good?

I'm still in work right now. Untill 11pm as I'm trying out a new shift, but don't think I'll keep it as its a trial. I'll tell my story tomorrow afternoon sometime when I have a spare hour. Its been a nightmare which beats my experience with OCUK.

Have a great evening all

Rob

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
AVOID Carphone Warehouse!! They are conning, conniving scum with morals that make Ghengis Khan seem like a nice chap.

I speak from personal experience, they are rotten.

And from my daughter's personal experience, also avoid Orange, they ruined her credit rating through their attitude and mistakes, they need putting in a sack with a few bricks and tossing far out into the centre of the River Medway.

Ok, Massah Flops' rant over but heed me well, o my brothers, heed me well :)

CSB

Reaction score
Orange, I spit on them lol

I used to be on PAYG with Orange some years ago and they kept taking my £10 a time credit even though I had only called my brothers for like 3 minutes. They were in the UK and was to their mobile, so go figure. They never gave a shitzu when contacted, so I left them and got a contract with Tesco Mobile, which were also crap, even though they use O2, their customer services also couldn't give a tossed pancake and even made mistakes when replying to me as they couldn't even understand what month we were in at the time lol.

I hear you Flops. I always listen to the wise and it just seems there are now very few people out there who want to provide a level of service they would be happy to receive themselves.

Nearly home time for me, I better get back to work for the last 15 minutes he he

P.s. I believe I sent you a Private message Flops, but you may not have seen it or received it?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've got a Note 2 at mo and a work colleague has an S4 and they look good so I'm sure your really pleased with it VR. The eye scrolling thing is meant to be coming to the Note 2 too I believe, after a firmware update. Well thats what I've heard. Do you find it any good?
Tbh, i only really use the Air gesture feature, and on occasion the air view. (both are fun to 'show off' the phone with. The smart stay and smart stay, to me are a bit of a gimmick and not why i bought the phone. I bought it for the kick ass screen, camera and so on.. :cool:

I like the Note 2, but to me its just a little too big. Nice phone though, good battery, and a good list of specs. :thumb:

But yes I believe most of, or some of, the smart features are coming to the Note 2, S3 and will be on the forthcoming Note 3. As well as a few other Samsung phone both now and in the future. :)

CSB

Reaction score
Yes, deffinately better than the iPhones. My Note 2 is big, but then it still fits in my pocket etc. Last I heard, there were rumours of a Samsung Mega coming out which was meant to be in the 6 inch and above size screen. My Note 2 is 5.5 inch and I love it for watching films on Sky Go, web browsing and just general photo/video use.

Samsung do seem to be leading the way right now and I wonder if Apple is a little worried.

Enjoy the S4 VR. Is a great phone.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed, I came to the S4 from the iPhone 5, had a 4S and 4 before that.

Must admit i soon got bored of the 5, even after jailbreaking it and tweaking it, the screen size was my biggest issue, and its the best thing about the s4, the AMOLED screen is a joy to use, could do with being a little brighter in the sunlight maybe but other than that its very nice. :)

Just waiting on a decent ROM for the S4 then i shall root it.

CSB

Reaction score
Sorry guys for not giving you a low down on what I wanted to say a few days ago. Been really busy and was given orders to do house jobs by the Mrs. Will let you all know on Wednesday deffinately

Rob

Ask a Question