Adding Websites to Restricted Zone

Eric

I have Windows XP SP2 and have list of websites that I
have added the the Restricted Zone settings for Internet
Explorer. There is probably over a hundred websites that
are added. If I was going to reinstall, I would have to
enter all of these back in.

Is there some program (third party) or anything that will
allow me to back these sites up in the Restricted Zone?

Don Varnau

Those sites will be in this registry key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Internet
Settings\ ZoneMap\Domains]

Trusted sites will have a value of 2.
Restricted sites will have a value of 4.
That key could be exported as a backup.

Hope this helps,
Don

Ramesh [MVP]

Eric,

To export as separate files (restricted.reg, trusted.reg), try ExportZone -
for Internet Explorer:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/ExportZone.htm
--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

I have Windows XP SP2 and have list of websites that I
have added the the Restricted Zone settings for Internet
Explorer. There is probably over a hundred websites that
are added. If I was going to reinstall, I would have to
enter all of these back in.

Is there some program (third party) or anything that will
allow me to back these sites up in the Restricted Zone?

Eric

Thanks Don! Will this work if I import the registry key
and transfer that backup to another computer? Also, can
you provide a little more instructions on how to export
them?

Let me see if I got this correct.

Open the Registry Editor and navigate to the following
key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\
CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings\ ZoneMap

Click "Domains", then right-click Domains and choose
Export.

The go to all other machines and Import them. I'm not
sure on how to import them. Do I need to go to the
following subkey before I do this? Or do I just open the
Registry Editor and click File | Import?

Those sites will be in this registry key:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Internet
Settings\ ZoneMap\Domains]

Trusted sites will have a value of 2.
Restricted sites will have a value of 4.
That key could be exported as a backup.

Hope this helps,
Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.

"Eric" <anonymous[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I have Windows XP SP2 and have list of websites that I
have added the the Restricted Zone settings for Internet
Explorer. There is probably over a hundred websites that
are added. If I was going to reinstall, I would have to
enter all of these back in.

Is there some program (third party) or anything that will
allow me to back these sites up in the Restricted Zone?

.

Eric

Thanks Ramesh!

I'll try ExportZone. How do I Import them? Will this work
if I Export the restricted.reg on one computer and
transfer it to another computer running Windows XP or any
other computer?

Eric

Ramesh [MVP]

Hi Eric,

To apply the changes to other systems, you can just double-click the
exported REG file. Before applying the REG to Windows 9x systems, you need
to change the file line of the .REG file to "REGEDIT4", instead of "Windows
Registry Editor Version 5.00"

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Window XP Shell/User

Thanks Ramesh!

I'll try ExportZone. How do I Import them? Will this work
if I Export the restricted.reg on one computer and
transfer it to another computer running Windows XP or any
other computer?

Eric

Eric

Thanks Ramesh. Nice website! =)