Activation error 0x8007232B

Andreas

I try to activate Vista Business N over a Virtual machine (Network and
Internet links are ok) and I get the following Activation Error:
Activation error 0x8007232B

Which means DNS name does not exist.
What's the reason for this? Would it change if I installed it locally ?

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Andreas,
You need to point the machine to a KMS server or you need to change the
product key to a MAK VL key.
When you install a Volume License machine, the default installation does
not prompt for a product key.
By default it looks for a KMS Server to activate against. Has your company
setup a KMS Server? If so you you need to talk the administrator so you
can point your machine to the KMS Server machine.
If you have not setup a KMS machine in your enviroment, then you need to
change to a MAK key.,
Contact your Volume License Administrator to request a MAK key:
929826 Error message when you try to activate Windows Vista Enterprise or
Windows Vista Business: "Code 0x8007232b"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929826

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]