Activation Error

I have been trying to activate both machines running Enterprise and I get an
error message on both machines. Error Code 0x8007232B, DNS name does not
exist.

Anybody else had this before? Any help would be appreciated as in 15 days it
is telling me Microsoft Vista will no longer work.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
The most common result of that error message is you have not setup a KMS
server or the KMS server cannot be reached.
This error appears when the Volume License is setup, no product key is
used, and you try to activate against the Activation servers.

929826 Error message when you try to activate Windows Vista Enterprise or
Windows Vista Business: "Code 0x8007232b"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929826

Have you setup a KMS server so you can activate against it?
With only two machines I suspect you need to request a MAK key and change
the volume license key to a MAK activation.
Make sure you read the information on volume licensing so you understand
the options that are available to you,.
929712 Volume Activation information for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929712

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: =?Utf-8?B?Q3Vic0Zhbl8wMw==?= <[email protected]>
|>Subject: Activation Error
|>Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 15:42:00 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>I have been trying to activate both machines running Enterprise and I get
an
|>error message on both machines. Error Code 0x8007232B, DNS name does not
|>exist.
|>
|>Anybody else had this before? Any help would be appreciated as in 15 days
it
|>is telling me Microsoft Vista will no longer work.

After reading both of those links, I presume I need the MAK. I have
downloaded the software from my school and have the code that they have given
me. It is the same activation code that every student is given. What do I
have to do to get another code or the MAK code?

Well I just resorted to calling tech before i got into that, and sure enough
its activated. Tech Support (besides the fact it is difficult to understand
them :p ) is very helpful and knows exactly what they are talking about!
Thanks for the help

"Darrell Gorter[MSFT]" said:
Hello,
The most common result of that error message is you have not setup a KMS
server or the KMS server cannot be reached.
This error appears when the Volume License is setup, no product key is
used, and you try to activate against the Activation servers.

929826 Error message when you try to activate Windows Vista Enterprise or
Windows Vista Business: "Code 0x8007232b"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929826

Have you setup a KMS server so you can activate against it?
With only two machines I suspect you need to request a MAK key and change
the volume license key to a MAK activation.
Make sure you read the information on volume licensing so you understand
the options that are available to you,.
929712 Volume Activation information for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;929712

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

|>From: =?Utf-8?B?Q3Vic0Zhbl8wMw==?= <[email protected]>
|>Subject: Activation Error
|>Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 15:42:00 -0800
|>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
|>
|>I have been trying to activate both machines running Enterprise and I get
an
|>error message on both machines. Error Code 0x8007232B, DNS name does not
|>exist.
|>
|>Anybody else had this before? Any help would be appreciated as in 15 days
it
|>is telling me Microsoft Vista will no longer work.

I'v got the same error. but my system is fine now.

I though you haven't type in the corrective product key. if you have the
corrective product key, you can change product key and then activation
successful.