acer we will break your laptop for you

Reaction score
hi i am new to this site i hope someone could help or give me guidance i have bought an acer 5920g aspire laptop in september 07 at first it worked great but then the hard drive started to get louder then failed so phoned acer at this point they were very help full great with in 5 days it was back. it worked for 2 days then the hardrive went again and the unit powerd down. so got back intouch. they said it is a new case.

So i sent it off again they said it needed new motherboard new ram new hard drive now with basicly replacing all the parts (why didnt they replace the laptop). i got it back yesterday and it is now going back to them because the speakers wont work and the case is scratched to hell why wont they replace it. they said it has to go back to be looked at which i can understand. but through taking the laptop apart they have damged clips it doesnt fit right with all it lines i do look aftter my stuff and when you spend close to a £1000 on a laptop you would of hoped that the service would follow. The key point about these comments is that acer are nice over the phone and are quick to say they will help but the last faults on my laptop where caused by them not me i am stuck because this means i am with out my lappy for a total of 6 weeks is there anything i can do the phrase blood out of a stone springs to mind

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Get in touch with your local Trading Standards office and and explain what has happened to them . They should give you a Case File Number and explain your rights to you . You can then tell Acer you want a brand new laptop as the one they have supplied and tried to repair is not fit for purpose .

If they play ball then all well and good . If not it looks like you have a very strong case and legal action will be necessary which will take some time but you should be able to obtain costs for your time and inconvenience .

user.gif

Ask a Question