Acer Laptop

Reaction score
Evening - have only just signed up to this forum so please go easy on me!

I have just received my laptop back from Acer after the hard drive failed just a month after buying it. It has took longer to get it back because they sent it to the wrong address(!) but that's a rant for another time.

The laptop is Acer Aspire 5332 - 160GB HDD

However, when I look at the specs since the drive was replaced by Acer, I can see a C drive with a 69.5 GB capacity and a D drive also with a 69.5 capacity.

I am sure that's not what it was before - although I may just have it totally wrong!

Can anyone help?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The disk space total would actually add up to 160Gb especially if there's a recovery partition on the disk as well.

Real disk space is always less than the preferred sizes they use which can be a little confusing.

But it seems to be in two partitions and I'm really not sure why Acer would divide the disk up like that.

It won't do any harm, you could use one partition for storage, but if you'd rather resize the partitions or just have one big hard drive, you'll have to get hold of some partitioning software. I think there are some freebies available but not sure.

And welcome to the forum btw :)

Ask a Question