Pirates Of The ShopAcer (cet(uk)ltd)

Reaction score
hi,

i purchased a laptop from shopacer.co.uk end of november, and received it start of december. it wouldn't load properly so i phoned the staff at CET, and they refered me to acer repair (esplex).
acer repair arranged to pickup the laptop, and they sat on it for about a week before declaring it unrepairable (onboard graphics i believe they said).
so i contacted CET for a refund, but they refused to claim responsibilty for it, saying it was aver repair who should issue the refund. after a few more calls to CET (all on premum 0870 numbers :( ), CET said they would contact acer repair, and see whats happening.
i am still waiting for my money back from CET, the company i bought the laptop off, who are still trying to shrug off responsibilty for it.

MY ADVICE : ACER MAY SEEM CHEAPER, BUT YOU'LL PAY FOR IT IN THE LONG RUN.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
CET are responsible for the refund under the Sale of Goods Act as they sold it to you - although by agreeing to a attempted repair when you should have rejected it immediately slightly weakens you case.

Phone CET ( be firm, but polite!!) and also send them a recorded delivery letter telling them you are claiming your rights under the Sale of Goods Act and request an immediate refund or you will complain to Trading Standards and legal action will be taken.

Note: I'm afraid I have had to edit some of your comments directed at CET for legal reasons ;)

Reaction score
it seems that the refund will come from acer repair (esplex), not the company i bought it off originally (CET).

i had to forward an invoice/proof of purchase to acer repair from cet uk ltd, so they can assess it and refund me back the money.

but i'm guessing i'll get back considerably less than what i originally paid for it, as i can't see acer repair refunding back all the costs (P&P, surcharges, etc).

so i am at a loss over this (assuming they do credit me back some money),and over their 0870 customer service numbers.

i think i'll stick to well-known and reputable companies next time!

laf

Reaction score
Shopacer - Are they still trading!

I have a complaint with a laptop purchased from Shopacer. It is under a three year warranty and has been returned twice for repair to the screen. They have been unable to fix it so I have now written to them to request a replacement under the Sale of Goods, fit for purpose ruling.

I have written to them but as yet they haven't replied. They provide no phone number for Customer Services and the sales line does not answer. I have tried two email contacts which return my messages undelivered. I have checked with Companies House and the Insolvency Service who say they have no record of them ceasing trading.

Does anyone know how I can contact them?!

Ask a Question