My Ghastly Time with CET UK

Reaction score
Am I alone in cyberspace or do others share my grief? If so, what we can do about it?

I recently ordered an Acer Ferrari 4005WLMi with mouse and speakers online from [url="http://www.shopacer.co.uk/"]www.shopacer.co.uk[/url], which fronts for a company called CET UK Ltd. I paid more than £1,200 by debit card (foolishly as it turns out - since this is not covered by CC insurance), including a chunky fee for next day Saturday delivery and a 1.5% "credit card charge" (wrongly applied, since their website states debit cards are exempted from this).

I sat at home all Saturday eagerly awaiting my new gizmo. Nothing.

On Monday, I rang the company to ask what was going on, spending ages trying to get through to their 0870 numbers. After much havering, the chap at CET UK Ltd said: "oh dear, we;ve delivered your order to No59" - my house number being No56.

I went to No59 that evening and the house occupant kindly gave me the package that had been delivered - the speakers (total cost £35).

On Tuesday, the man at CET UK offered to deliver the computer and mouse to my work address the next day. But despite repeated calls from work to confirm this during the day and repeated broken promises to ring me back, no confirmation was received.

t 5pm I rang CET UK and was told that a "supervisor" had left a message on my home phone that morning. The message claimed that a delivery driver had left the computer and mouse as well as the speakers at No59 and that CET would be "investigating" the delivery before proceeding further. I could not expect an early refund, or indeed the goods for which I have paid. Subsequently the company has failed to reply to repeated e-mails and the "supervisor" has yet to return my calls.

CET UK therefore has £1200 of my money and I have no goods and no immediate prospect of a refund. The company has essentially tried to put the burden on me to deal with the egregious errors of their delivery business and in effect stated that they need to "investigate" my honesty before delivering the goods or returning my money.

As far as I can see, this leaves me with few options short of legal action, other than taking this chance to warn other trusting souls on no account to do business with this bunch of wasters.

Am I the only one to have this horrible experience? Has anyone any ideas what to do to shame this ghastly outfit into acting like a competent business in future? They will presumably continue to jerk people around in this way until enough customers get together to teach them a lesson.

Grrr!

Reaction score
trading standards

3 things you can do:

1.Go to Trading Standards and ask for their help
OR
2.Write to one of the pc mags for help, they may be able to help you.
And if all that fails
3.Send a letter by registered post to CET UK telling them if you don't have the
goods within 7 days you will take legal action against them or sue them via the small claims court.

Good luck and let us know how things go

Reaction score
Don't get angry get even, much more enjoyable:thumb:

Oh and most companies hate getting bad publicity and let us all know how things go:nod:

Reaction score
Victory at Last?

Aha!

24 hours after I entered a small claim with HMCS Online service I got a phone call from the company offering delivery of a replacement next day. So maybe things will now be OK. We shall see ...

Ian Willmore

Reaction score
Not the best of companies to do business with.
Had a few problems with shopacer, promised me a refund but never got it.
Will never use again.

Reaction score
Check this mate:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12974

I was suffering from SHOPACER before!!! They always use the same excuse of "LOSE in DELIVERY".

If you call them again, try to call the account department first then tell the person you want to speak to the boss. They are disgrace. Hope this thread can be appeared at the first page in google.

[mucks edit:]

Last edited:
Reaction score
I suggest you send a letter by registered post to them if you have a problem.
However using this site to write slanderous comments will only get your post deleted.

Reaction score
shop acer dont buy

i think this company is having a laugh, ordered a acer aspire 5000 series 60 gig hd 128 graphics 128 mem, what i got was 40 gig hd 64 graphics and god knows what mem cos i gave up and sent it back, but the strange thing is on the computer its self was a label with the higher spec, being not just ur average joe bloggs i doubled checked in the bios and it was the lower spec is someone trying it on, imagine someone who knows nothing about computers, getting conned by this company, just a one of, well who knows, even when i phoned customer services they tried it on, "oh did you know there is a partition on the hard drives, you actually have 2 40 gigs, thats were you have gone wrong", I said "let me enlighten you for a moment i didnt go to college for 3 years to become a computer technician, to be told i dont know what im talking about", and went into great detail of the bios and how excactly a computer works, well it shut them up and they took me seriously, at last, but im still waiting for the phone call, but luckly i got a credit agreement and no dosh has been given to them, my advise to any one out there buying a computer is ask around if anyone knows someone who knows about computers, make them your best friend, like me im sick of people getting ripped of, and will always help, no charge.

Reaction score
do not buy from shop laptop!

i know these posts are from a while ago but i thought i'd better warn people that things at CET still haven't got any better!! i recently had an awful time ordering from shop laptop (which i believe is part of the CET group who also own shop acer) - decided i was going to treat myself to a new laptop, and ordered a toshiba laptop online. Ordering from shop laptop was my worst ever experience of shopping online. After placing my order on the sunday (and paying for next day delivery) i expected my laptop to arrive on tuesday. Everything appeared to have gone through fine and the money was taken out of my bank account and a got a confirmation email through. How wrong was i!! On the wednesday, after hearing nothing from the company and receiving no laptop i tried to contact shop laptop, only to be hung up on and my calls ignored. When i finally got through, a very rude customer service made no attempt to explain why my laptop hadn't been delivered on time and told me to expect it tomorrow (thursday). Still no laptop appeared. I again tried to contact shop laptop on the friday and both my calls and emails were unanswered. When i finally got through to the company on the tuesday (still no laptop arrived) i cancelled my order and demanded a refund. This company should be avoided at all costs, they just aren't worth the hassle!!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear obout your problem.
If you do get a refund I would take a look at John Lewis, excellant after sales.
Bought two toshiba laptops for my grandchildren.
Two days to get here and well packed.
Deliverd by John Lewis.

Ask a Question