Acer Travelmate BIOS

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have just bought n Acer travelmate from a guy at work who needs the money rather than the his laptop, however I am making the big leap from windows to SUSE Linux and need to access the BIOS to change my boot seqence BUT i cannot get past the password he as set in BIOS, it's a Phoenix BIOS ver 6.01 (Acer travelmate 2410 model) and i have tried the default password "phoenix" but still to no avail.
The guy i bought it off said he doesnt know the password as his brother set it for him.

So here is my headache "how do i reset the password"? I have no clue how to do it? I have opened the back of it and looked at the mobo, but i cant see and jumpers on mobo like i have on my standalone.And it took me 3 hrs to pu tthe bloody thing back together again (with 3 screws spare LOL)

Can anyone assist me in this on how to get into my bios?

Many thanks
Gavin

Reaction score
Have you tried ringin ACER? They might not be so strict on data protection, i work in a company which deals with manufacturers and believe me you get a lot more help if they know, or think ;) they're talking to one of their partner companys and might give you a couple tips/troubleshooting walkthrough?

Reaction score
Unfortunatley no cracking software, i did try using a hex modifier to get the same BIOS firmware and modding it so it read ver 6.02 instead of using 6.01 but to no avail as i was worried about killiing the mobo.
I have not rang Acer as it costs a fortune when you are ringing 0870 numbers and there is no geographical alternative that i can locate.
I will try and flash the BIOS to an earlier version if that works then i be okay if not, looks like my new laptop (2nd to me tho) will be dead and R.I.P

Cheers
Gav

Reaction score
Cheesr Ian for your help. i tried ringing but to no avail I am going to try and downgrade thr firmware hopefully that might do the trick.

Cheers
Gav

Reaction score
Resetting a laptop BIOS

Hi All, I have just recently posted a topic concerning my needs into resetting a laptop BIOS protetced password, its an acer travelmate 2410 phoenix bios ver 6.01, i was given a web site and contact but to no avail as they were disconnected. is there any software that will let me remove this password so i can change by boot sequnce?

I am now at my wits end as without this i cannot use it to progress in my studies.

cheesr for any help guys

Gavin

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Gavin,

I've merged your new post into this one as double posting just confuses things ;) If anyone know how to reset the password I'm sure they'll post here, but it looks like you'll need information from Asus to do it.

Reaction score
Many thanks Ian I am so frustrated with it, didnt mean to double post, i know it bloats the site, sorry.

Ask a Question