Battery replacement

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I have an Acer Travelmate 5520 that needs the battery replacing.
I am a little bit confused though.
My current battery is 11.1V and 4000mAh and those I have found doing a Google search show the same 11.1V, but mHa ranges from 4000 to 4800mHa. And by the looks of it the cheaper ones seem to have a higher mHa.
Would it make a difference ?

Reaction score
Sorry cant help.:(
But just changed the cmos battery on main pc.
Very easy to do & the last one lasted 4 years.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The mAh is simply a measurement of how much current rechargeable batteries can store and as a general rule the higher the figure the better.

So it doesn't make sense that the higher mAh ones are cheaper. If they're being offered on Ebay then beware, they're probably not all they seem. I've bought some supposed high mAh camera batteries from Ebay and some of them have been rubbish.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
FBS the higher mHa ones were on e-bay. I think I have found a site that sells genuine Acer products. Just going to do a bit more snooping.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, the geuine batteries. I think it's a case of trying to strike a balance as most manufacturer's branded parts cost an arm and a leg and imo aren't worth the money.

Good substitute batteries can be found but it's a bit of a minefield finding a good supplier. It's probably best to find a trader with a good track record whose products aren't selling at rock bottom prices.

It's also more convenient and quicker to purchase from a UK supplier but that's not always a guarantee of quality, I've had some excellent camera batteries from Hong Kong.

Good luck.

Ask a Question