Vaio battery

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Eldest daughter has a Sony Vaio VGN-NR2/Z laptop with Vista. The battery is now failing - part number VGP-BPS9/B.
There are loads of sites offering 'replacement' or 'OEM' batteries but I have read that some require driver disks to enable the laptop to recognise them and some of these drivers do not work with Vista.
The original Sony battery is 4800mAh and is aviailable from KingBattery.co.uk at £100 and a Sony 'enhanced' battery 5400mAh from atlaptopbattery.co.uk at £98.
Daughter does not mind paying for a genuine Sony battery, so do any members have experience of the two sites mentioned, 'replacement' batteries, or any other reliable sites?
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:confused:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Looking on Amazon and they have a large range of Vaio batteries oem and aftermarket, reviews seem mostly positive, check them out..

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Kingbattery have an aftermarket Battery at 51 quid

It has the same warranty as the Sony original which is 30 day money back and 1 year warranty, may as well go for that and save a few quid if its not what you expected or you need drivers then just send it back under the 30 day money back guarantee!

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Crazylegs
Thanks for your reply.
The direct Amazon site was out of stock on this particular battery but surprisingly for Amazon another supplier of this battery had terrible feedback, posing as a GB supplier, but based in China and supplying dead batteries, not fitting, etc. I know this is not typical of Amazon but shows how careful you have to be - I have used Amazon for years with no problems.
Just wondered if anyone had bought a good Vaio battery online.
Cheers
peahouse05:)

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks again Crazylegs
Have seen that deal and will check out returns and postage.
Cheers
peahouse05

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Just checked out some of the many sites selling Vaio laptop batteries. Keen to buy a genuine Sony battery from a UK firm so any returns are possible. Checked the Sony UK site and would be better off buying a new cheap laptop on price.
Just some examples of what I have found - it may be I am pressing the wrong keys, so profuse apologies to the companies mentioned.

KingBattery.co.uk
kingbattery.co.uk
No email programme associated
Replacement if you order a genuine Sony battery.
Office hours 9-00am - 6.00pm PT.
Are these valid UK email addresses, do they supply genuine Sony batteries and does PT stand for Pacific Time.

IBUY-BATTERIES
www.ibuy-batteries.co.uk
email address (e-mail address removed)
(e-mail address removed)
No email programme associated with first and third.
Why are the email addresses different?

BatteryPowershop
SonyHome-Hong Kong
Don't know!

LAPTOP-KEYBOARDS.co.uk TM
(e-mail address removed)
No email programme associated.
'We has over 5000 pieces of batteries'
Email doesn't work - would a UK company publish the sentence above?

atlaptopbattery TM
Atlaptopbattery.co.uk
atlaptopbattery.co.uk
Invalid email addresses
Contact us - no email programme associated
Call 02089245781 - number not recognised
Is it just a careless wrong digit or letter ?

ok-shopping.co.uk
Please contact us : (e-mail address removed)
No email programme associated

I have had no problem with any other UK sites and appreciate that this could all be my fault. I have no problem with foreign sites unless they are using invalid email addresses or registering their company name containing '.co.uk' to lead buyers to believe they are genuine UK sites.
I am not accusing any of the above of doing this.

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks Mucks
I have used Windows Live Mail and TalkTalk (taken over Tiscali) for emails and both work perfectly on Windows 7. I suspect the email links I have mentioned, and one phone number are an attempt to suggest the firms involved are based in the UK, but if this is not the case I apologise.
Still do not understand why some use .co.uk as part of the company name with TM (trade mark?) but use a different email address for 'contact us'.
I just want to buy a battery from a UK supplier so '30- day returns' does not mean tens of GBP to Hong Kong or China, or an exploding battery.
Cheers
peahouse05:)

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Sorry to be a pain.
But I do not like misleading advertising.
Sorted out the failed email links by emailing direct to a few companies with UK - sounding email addresses.

(e-mail address removed)
Q. Asked if they supplied Sony Vaio batteries direct from the UK.
A. We are a Chinese seller, posted from Singapore.

KingBattery.co.uk
Q. As above.
A. We supply from abroad.

sales @ibuy-batteries.co.uk
Q. As above.
A. Did not answer as to their location, but reply email was timed at 4-41am - very dedicated staff!

LaptopBattery4U
Q. As above and OK does not contain .co.uk.
A. 'Mainly (sic) warehouse in Hong Kong but small one in UK'

I have every confidence that all the above would honour their 30-day return deal and are completely above board but why the references to the UK? Is there any Trading Standards control on this?

Cheers

Reaction score
Hi, This gives you more information about batteries and its types. Pls check out this Spam link removed - fbs

Ask a Question