Acer TM 4000 bios battery

S

s_dariani

Does anyone know where the bios battery is located on the Acer TravelMate 4000 Series laptop and where i can purchase a new one from? My bios settings revert back to manufacturers defaults after powering down, I assume this must be a dead bios/clock battery??

Reaction score
Hello & Welcome to PCReview:wave:
How old is your laptop?
Have you contacted Acer?

S

s_dariani

under 2 years old, i've not contacted acer uk yet as through past experience found their support to be extremely poor and time consuming. I would rather try and replace the cmos battery myself. Checked all the obvious places however have a feeling it may be somewhere slightly less accessible.

Reaction score
Please Note:
If your laptop is under warranty then you should get Acer to do any work on it or your warranty will become invalid.

The trouble with laptops are that they are a lot more difficult to get into than a standard pc. The other way that could help you is to get a copy of MicroMart from any good newsagents and look at the adverts for laptop repairers and see if any are near you?

However i googled your problem earlier and the only decent lead i came up with was a forum just for laptops at http://forum.notebookreview.com

Hope this help.

Ask a Question