Acer tablet pc C302XMi with problems

Reaction score
Hi,
I have had an Acer TravelMate c302 for over 2 years now. I got it from someone in Belgium and I don't have any extended warranty.

The hinge that holds the screen is completely broken so that the screen is only attached to the rest of the tablet pc by some cables.

It's battery also refuses to hold any charge. However, it stills runs fine on mains.

What would be the cheapest way of getting it fixed? With laptops dropping in price every day and Acer support getting bad reviews on the forums, I am considering just getting a new laptop (the cheapest possible)

Any ideas would be very welcome!

Thanks

Reaction score
Justincasebe Welcome to the forum
happywave.gif

OK if you want to repair the laptop then buy a copy of Micromart from any good newsagents and look through it for Laptop repair companies.:thumb: If you want a really cheapo laptop have a look at Woolworths who do them starting @ £349 or Comet, Currys or PCWorld who are all doing good bargains at the moment.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks feckit.

I was under the impression that only one company in the UK (Esplex or something) can repair Acer tabletPC's/notebooks. I guess these laptop repair companies just buy the spare parts from Espex? Would that be possible for me to do?

Thanks

Reaction score
Get Micromart & ring or email a few companies to see if they can help you at all, if it's out of warranty then anyone can repair it, going through Acer/Esplex will cost £££.

What part of the UK are you in?

Reaction score
Thanks for your advice,
I'll have a look for Micromart and email/ring around.

I'm in Farnborough, Hampshire.

Reaction score
Have a look @ Google and put in "laptop repairs" plenty of companies listed.
May be worth having a look to see if any near you.
Also see if your local library has Upgrading & Repairing Laptops by Scott Mueller, well worth a look.:thumb:

Reaction score
I repaired the laptop myself for £38 instead of the £175 or more quoted by some companies.

I ordered the hinge from a canadian company for around £25 and then got it delivered a week and a half later for £13. They allow you to download the manual for repairing the laptop as well which you need.

Took around 3 hours as it's quite fidly. I wouldn't recommend doing this to impatient people!

Reaction score
broken hinge

I have acquired a TravelMate C300XMi which has a broken hinge and would like to know who supplied the replacement hinge.

I have searched the internet for a while now and have not found any help yet.

Ask a Question