Access Accessing Gmail using IE Problem

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Guys an Gals, a problem has just started in the past few days when I try to access Gmail through IE. I'm using XP Pro and the latest IE browser.

When I try to go to Gmail I keep getting the following:

Gmail requires cookies to be enabled

[size=-1]Cookies seem to be disabled in your browser. Gmail requires cookies to be enabled in order to operate.

To use Gmail, enable cookies by changing your browser's Preferences or Options. If you have a third-party cookie manager, you will have to configure it to allow cookies from Gmail.

After enabling cookies, try again.

It has worked perectly for ages - I have not changed any cookie settings and I don't have a third party cookie manager.
I have now adjusted settings within IE to let any Tom, Dick or Harry put cookies on my PC to see if it makes any difference and it doesn't, I still get the message :confused:

Anybody got any ideas?

[/size]

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try seeing if you already have a gmail cookine on your PC, then delete it and try again? Perhaps delete them all unless you have anything important :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Clear/delete all cookies & try again ... use CCleaner. ;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Cheers Guys, I'll give it a go when I get home this evening..:thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Mucks/Ian I have done what you suggested - but to no avail. I now get the message: Your browser's cookie functionality is turned off. Please turn it on.

The cookies are enabled so I'm at a loss with this one - any more ideas?:confused:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does it work in Firefox if you use IE, or the other way round?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Right - I've found the problem - google.co.uk is shown as a blocked site in the cookie settings, don't know how or why - but I've unblocked it and I'm up and running!!:)

Thanks for the help guys....:thumb:

Ask a Question