Big Gmail update today

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Do we have any Gmail users here? Google have announced some big changes today, and they look pretty good:

https://blog.google/products/gmail/stay-composed-heres-quick-rundown-new-gmail/

There are improvements to functionality, ability to prompt follow up, helping you unsubscribe from things you don't read, and better spam email alerts. You will also be able to use a confidentiality mode, which limits what a recipient can do with an email you send them, and also allows you to set an expiration date for an email.

They don't take effect automatically, you have to go into your settings and select 'Try the new Gmail', and if you don't like it you can turn it off again.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oooh nice, no option for me yet though... :(

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
No, me neither. I'm hoping it becomes available soon, I'd like to give it a try :nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Still nothing in options and now it's the day after. :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
fantastic news. Loads of new features, I love this one,

https://blog.google/products/gmail/save-time-with-smart-reply-in-gmail/

Smart Reply, available in Inbox by Gmail and Allo, saves you time by suggesting quick responses to your messages. The feature already drives 12 percent of replies in Inbox on mobile.

Now I do not even have to read my e-mails as Google have already done that odorous task and even suggested replies for me, shame they can not pick one and end it for me. :rolleyes:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I now have it!

Me too! :thumb:

Not had much of a play-around, but so far so good. I like that you can just click a button to delete things now rather than tick a box then delete, and I like how the default view shows the attachments from the inbox view. Handy :nod:

Ask a Question