A short trip to Anglesey

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
It was our anniversary on Monday, so we decided to have a last minute trip to Anglesey. Here are some photos!

Our hotel was Chateau Rhianfa. It's in Menai Bridge, just across the water from Bangor. Gorgeous place and gorgeous views - in the sunshine it felt like being in France!
anglesey 1.jpg

anglesey 2.JPG

anglesey 3.JPG

On Tuesday we had a trip to Beaumaris Castle:
beaumaris 1.JPG

The place was open to explore, but you had to watch your head!
beaumaris 2.JPG

Some work was going on, so we couldn't explore this bit of the castle unfortunately. Interesting to hear the constant tap-tap of hammers on stone:
beaumaris 3.JPG

View from the top:
beaumaris 4.JPG

There were LOTS of spiral stairs:
beaumaris 5.JPG

Here's @Ian :)
beaumaris 6.JPG

And a few more back at the Chateau (this was on the 'winter balcony'):
anglesey 4.JPG

anglesey 5.JPG

anglesey 6.JPG

On our way home we went to Bodnant Gardens near Snowdonia:
bodnant 1.JPG

bodnant 2.JPG

bodnant 3.JPG

bodnant 4.JPG

The old mill:
bodnant 5.JPG

Selfie!
selfie.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the photos! All were taken with my Nikkon D3200 with the Nikkor AF-S DX 35mm f/1.8G lens, apart from the first and last photos which were taken with the Samsung S7.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looks like a lovely place, and you're both looking well which is good given what you've been through Becky. :)

We're heading to the Gower early June with some friends, he's a surfer so where ever we went it needed to be decent for surfing!

I'd love to go up that end of Wales, Can't believe you headed up there and didn't stop at ZipWorld though! :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Lovely photos Becky! The Chateau looks so picturesque, it must have been an awesome place to stay.

That is a super photo of you and Ian. Congrats, and belated happy anniversary wishes to you both. :D :cheers::cheers:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Looks like a lovely place, and you're both looking well which is good given what you've been through Becky. :)

We're heading to the Gower early June with some friends, he's a surfer so where ever we went it needed to be decent for surfing!

I'd love to go up that end of Wales, Can't believe you headed up there and didn't stop at ZipWorld though! :lol:

Thanks! :D It's certainly great to be doing things again, although I did get pretty achy from all the photography (I do get myself in really awkward positions!)

North Wales is lovely, and there's lots to do. I'd LOVE to go to Zip World and Bounce Below but it's probably not the best idea with my back, sadly. Next time we might do some of the mines though :)

Lovely photos Becky! The Chateau looks so picturesque, it must have been an awesome place to stay.

That is a super photo of you and Ian. Congrats, and belated happy anniversary wishes to you both. :D :cheers::cheers:

Thanks for the kind words! The hotel was a last minute find, it's called Chateau Rhianfa. We got a great deal! :thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
belated happy anniversary wishes to you both
Yes, I missed that somehow, happy anniversary both of you. :)

Yes I don't think you would be best to go zipping about bouncing around just yet either! Oooh, yes the mines would be cool too.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Great photos, I enjoyed looking at those and it's good to see you out and about again.

I've been reading a few historical fiction novels lately and it seems Anglesey features prominently in pagan history. I've never been there but would love to go and have a look.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
it seems Anglesey features prominently in pagan history

Huh, I didn't know that. I wish we'd had time to explore more of the island, we pretty much kept to the south-east corner. At least it's not to far away!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Huh, I didn't know that. I wish we'd had time to explore more of the island, we pretty much kept to the south-east corner. At least it's not to far away!

Previously unknown Anglesey landscape possibly includes cairn cemetery in what experts described as ‘really exciting stuff’

Archaeologists have uncovered a prehistoric ritual landscape that possibly includes a cairn cemetery around a 5,000-year-old burial mound aligned with the summer solstice sun on Anglesey.

:cool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Fascinating! That's not far from where we were staying. We'll try and take a look next time we're there :)

Ask a Question