A few snaps from Paris

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I went to Paris last week with a friend, and I thought I'd share some of the photos with you :) Due to all the issues I've been having with my back I didn't want to be lugging around my DSLR and associated gubbins, so I used my new Samsung Galaxy S7 phone for all photos. Usually Ian will lug my camera bag around for me, but I'd left him at home (so that I could take my time looking around art galleries guilt free!) hence the need for a good portable camera.

Here's what we did:

• Perfume making workshop
  • Climbed up the Eiffel Tower (lifts are for wimps)
  • Musée D'Orsay
  • Saw the opera 'Rigoletto' by Verdi
  • Musée de L'Orangerie
  • Musée Picasso
  • Centre Pompidou
  • Musée Rodin
  • Boat trip along the Seine
  • Ate a LOT of croissants! :D

This one was taken using the 'Food' setting (they are Chaussons aux Griottes - cherry filled deliciousness, if you're wondering):
Breakfast.jpg

Some crabs at the local market:
Crabs.jpg

View from the Eiffel Tower using the Panorama setting:
Eiffel Tower view.jpg

Eiffel Tower:
Eiffel Tower.jpg

Notre Dame:
Notre Dame.jpg

Pont Marie - this is where Ian proposed 7 years ago:
Pont Marie.jpg

A different kind of selfie:
Selfie.jpg

On our last night I had SNAILS! They were very tasty:
Snails.jpg

Overall I was really impressed with the camera on the S7. The different modes are pretty good, and I particularly liked the Pro mode as you could adjust the different settings depending on what was needed. For example, this was very useful in the galleries when I wanted to take a photo of a painting and needed to adjust the white balance.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Great photos Becky! That is certainly a stunning view from the Eiffel Tower... and wow, did you really take the stairs to the top...?

The galleries must have been so interesting, glad you were able to enjoy them "guilt-free" lol. It's great that you were allowed to take photos of the art too.

Hope your back continues to improve. :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
and wow, did you really take the stairs to the top...?

They only let you climb the stairs up to the second level, and if you want to go to the very top you have to get the lift from there. Unfortunately the lift wasn't running for some reason, so to console ourselves we went back down to the 1st floor and had a glass of champagne while we took in the view! :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Very nice, as I said in the other thread, Samsung are very good with the camera and software. Looks and sounds like you had a good time. :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Nice pics. :thumb:

Not many of the galleries though. :D Are you sure it wasn't a shopping and eating trip. :D

I know what you girls are like, I'm married to one :) Oh! and a bit of drinking thrown in as well? :p

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Not many of the galleries though. :D Are you sure it wasn't a shopping and eating trip. :D

I didn't want to bore you! Ok, here's proof:

Musée D'Orsay:
Musee D'Orsay.jpg

Seeing Monet's waterlilies at Musée de L'Orangerie:
Orangerie.jpg

(I tried to get some panoramas, but everyone kept moving)

Musée Picasso (featuring lots of his sculptures):
Picasso.jpg

Here's a sculpture! NSFW:
Picasso sculpture.jpg

I didn't take any photos of the Pompidou Centre, because it's ugly as sin, but here's one of some paintings by Georges Braque:
Pompidou.jpg

And finally the Musée Rodin:
Rodin.jpg

All very interesting places which I'd thoroughly recommend :thumb:

And no, I don't do shopping. It's dull :p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I didn't want to bore you!
Bore us...? Noooo. :eek: It is genuinely interesting to be able to view your photos and to see some of the places you were able to visit. (Particularly for a non-traveler like myself.) Excellent pix Becky. :nod:

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
So very glad you had such a fab time, Becky; ~ and the photos are stunning!
{ Monet's waterlilies, ~ now there is something I would love to see :) }

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Monet's waterlilies, ~ now there is something I would love to see :)

It was stunning in real life, photos really don't do it justice. What is also really nice is that they are displayed exactly how they were originally intended to be. I hope you get the chance to see them!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Photos are never boring, each picture is a thousand words sometimes more, I love travel photography. Great shots, Becky! :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It would appear I may have missed these first time around. I enjoyed looking at those a lot, thanks for posting Becky :)