A pint in your local

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The alcohol thread got me thinking, how much is it for a pint in your local?

Our usual pub is £1.95 for a Fosters, and £2.35 for a Stella. Can be as cheap as £1.25 in the student bars if we go out there though.

I'd be especially interested to see how it compares with abroad too :D

Reaction score
£2.05 for a 70cl Smirnoff Ice in Whetherspoons...

Dont generally drink locally as i am usually driving, which dosent really bother me...

+ i don't like beer - have yet to try a purple nasty... aparently they really nice (beer, cider and ribena mixed together)

Am interested to see how much the student bar in Cambs cost - its the most expensive student city in the UK!! (Uhoh)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You'll all love this....

Pint of draught Guinness: £2.95
Pint of Spitfire or London Pride: £2.80

I've never been to a Wetherspoons bar in me life, but I've been told their pints are about 90p cheaper in the Greenwich Wetherspoons.

There's a Wetherspoons in Woolwich as well and I see really disgusting mether types supping pints of cooking bitter at 9am in the morning :eek:

That really surprised me, although it shouldn't have......

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
my local is a wetherspoons as well

Pint of Fosters is £2.19 but on a mon night its £1.49

iirc a double malibu and coke is £2.79

and pitchers are £5.55

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
£2.05 for a 70cl Smirnoff Ice in Whetherspoons...

+ i don't like beer - have yet to try a purple nasty... aparently they really nice (beer, cider and ribena mixed together)

You'll have to ween yourself off smirnoff ice's when you're at uni ;) Snakebites/Purple Monsters are pretty nice I have to say, if I'm in a student bar I'll sometimes get one of those.

floppybootstomp said:
Pint of draught Guinness: £2.95
Pint of Spitfire or London Pride: £2.80

I've never been to a Wetherspoons bar in me life, but I've been told their pints are about 90p cheaper in the Greenwich Wetherspoons.

That's not as bad as I expected actually - although still on the expensive side! There are a good few Wetherspoons around here, 1 is not nice at all, 1 is ok and the 3rd is lovely - but the prices are great. Food + Pint often comes to £4/5 (usually a massive burger, chips and a pint of Londons Pride).

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
You'll have to ween yourself off smirnoff ice's when you're at uni ;)

Yeah i know - can't tell people i dont like beer!!

I admit it - Smirnoff Ice is a girls drink... but loads of guys around here seem to drink it.

Reloaded red square is nice... its basically premixed reb bull and vodka... but no pubs sell it!

Probably will just have pints of cider and get terribly legless lol!!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Pint of Spitfire in my local Wetherspoons is £1.35

And Snakebite is £2.90 Lager, Cider, blackcurrant..

Don't worry about not liking Lagers Chris, i was like you and just drunk the odd pint due to peer pressure from my mates...Thing was they didn't know it was actually a shandy and not full Lager, got away with that one for years..

But then found years later that lager isn't proper beer anyway only loads of cheap and nasty chemicals and a load of gas..

Was introduced to proper Beer (real ale) like Spitfire and wadworth 6X and found my taste buds changing, this beer i liked and started to drink Guinness as well..

So don't go with the crowd Chris drink what you like and enjoy..:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
But then found years later that lager isn't proper beer anyway only loads of cheap and nasty chemicals and a load of gas..

That's not entirely true, some quality lagers are made in the normal way, the lighter colour is achieved by only lightly roasting the barley and the flavour is influenced by different types of hops.

I've made strong lager at home which was quite acceptable.

I will agree that the more common brands, Fosters et al, are as you described.

Having said that, I don't drink lager much at all and my tastes are the same as yours.

Pint of Spitfire for £1.35! :eek:

That's good, I could get rat-a***d for about a tenner :D

Reaction score
The last time I bought a PINT it cost me Umm... 1/-3p:nod: todays money= £0.06p:bow:

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Pint of Spitfire in my local Wetherspoons is £1.35

And Snakebite is £2.90 Lager, Cider, blackcurrant...

:lol: thinking about Spitfire cracks me up... thinking of their banned advertisments... PM me if you havent heard them ;)

wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a pint of lager, a pint of cider and a pint of blackcurrant?!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
wouldnt it be cheaper to buy a pint of lager, a pint of cider and a pint of blackcurrant?!

Your probably right Chris your probably right....:lol:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
No idea about pint over here I'm afraid. I've hated every type of beer & lager that I've ever tried.

My current drink is Black/white Russian (depends on my mood) & that's usually about $7+/_ depending on where you buy it. Current exchange rate is about $3NZ to £1 so that makes it about £2.30

& chris... just drink what you like. I got hassed for not liking Beer (Rugby, Racing & Beer... the 3 ingredients that make a Kiwi. hmmmm.... :rolleyes: ) But your mates get used to it soon enough & who gives a sh*t about anyone else ;)

Reaction score
drinking is good for you, it makes me say nice things about the ex-wife

Not sure as i have a tab at the pub & pay weekly.
But knowing miserable John he probably puts a % on the tab anyway:p

Ask a Question